What do you want to see in firmware 2.2?

What feature would you like to see MOST in 2.2?

• MMS

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Copy and paste

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Turn by turn directions in GPS

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Push notifications

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Landscape mode for email/sms

Votes: 18 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I used to have a motorola handset that used ringtones assigned to contacts as text tones so I could tell instantly who had sent the message. Pretty neat but also a bit annoying at times.

shwy

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
also I would like to see MMS. The other day I had to tell my friend that wanted to send me a picture that I couldn't do it. :(

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I occasionally get sent pictures and it's really easy to just click on the link and see the pic so it's not impossible at the moment, just a bit awkward.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I occasionally get sent pictures and it's really easy to just click on the link and see the pic so it's not impossible at the moment, just a bit awkward.

It does not work that way here in the US with the iPhone... sad to say. You actually have to go to a computer and enter in codes sent in a SMS to get the picture. And keep in mind other phones on AT&T do have real MMS... Weird I know.

Reactions: Dieter Bohn

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
It does not work that way here in the US with the iPhone... sad to say. You actually have to go to a computer and enter in codes sent in a SMS to get the picture. And keep in mind other phones on AT&T do have real MMS... Weird I know.

That sucks!
I have had other handsets that had real MMS and it is weird that it wasn't included on the iphone. Guess O2 isn't that bad after all :)

camperdown9

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I would like 2.2 to have...

1st) Copy & Paste - I miss this. If you get an email with train times or the reference number of a flight booking. Copy & paste would let you copy the details from the email and paste it into your calendar.

2nd) Push for email - If this means I can get emails sent to my iPhone as quickly as they go to a Blackberry. Then I want & need this.

3rd)Video - I went to Barcelona for the weekend took a few pictures with the camera. Ok its only 2mp but it can in good light take ok pictures. However video would be nice.

Just my view

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Having finally found a radio app that I really like, I'd like it to be able to run in the background so that I can use the other great apps I've got.

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Always the ability to jailbreak and check out the app "backgrounder" which allow you to do just that.

Backgrounder is great, works well with Pandora.

I picked Push notifications, as long as it is not like e-mail Push which eats battery power like a fat chick eats pudding at Old Country Buffet.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Backgrounder is great, works well with Pandora.

I picked Push notifications, as long as it is not like e-mail Push which eats battery power like a fat chick eats pudding at Old Country Buffet.

Actually push email does not eat battery like you think, our thinking of fetch. My battery life increased big time after switching to exchange for true push email.

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't want to clog this thread, but I thought push was the battery eater... is it fetch? I use gmail, and I think push has been enabled for imap in 2.1, or at least behaves like that. I'm not positive on that one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2