View Poll Results: What feature would you like to see MOST in 2.2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • MMS

16 14.55%
  • Copy and paste

32 29.09%
  • Turn by turn directions in GPS

20 18.18%
  • Push notifications

24 21.82%
  • Landscape mode for email/sms

18 16.36%
    Having finally found a radio app that I really like, I'd like it to be able to run in the background so that I can use the other great apps I've got.
    10-14-2008 08:54 AM
    Having finally found a radio app that I really like, I'd like it to be able to run in the background so that I can use the other great apps I've got.
    Always the ability to jailbreak and check out the app "backgrounder" which allow you to do just that.
    10-14-2008 10:08 AM
    Always the ability to jailbreak and check out the app "backgrounder" which allow you to do just that.
    Backgrounder is great, works well with Pandora.

I picked Push notifications, as long as it is not like e-mail Push which eats battery power like a fat chick eats pudding at Old Country Buffet.
    10-15-2008 01:28 PM
    Backgrounder is great, works well with Pandora.

I picked Push notifications, as long as it is not like e-mail Push which eats battery power like a fat chick eats pudding at Old Country Buffet.
    Actually push email does not eat battery like you think, our thinking of fetch. My battery life increased big time after switching to exchange for true push email.
    10-15-2008 07:34 PM
    I don't want to clog this thread, but I thought push was the battery eater... is it fetch? I use gmail, and I think push has been enabled for imap in 2.1, or at least behaves like that. I'm not positive on that one.
    10-15-2008 07:48 PM
    I don't want to clog this thread, but I thought push was the battery eater... is it fetch? I use gmail, and I think push has been enabled for imap in 2.1, or at least behaves like that. I'm not positive on that one.
    Trust me it's fetch that eats it like crazy because it's constantly patrolling the servers. Push does not.
    10-15-2008 07:53 PM
    I'm new here, so I got in this poll late.

I think Copy & Paste/text selection (including between apps) is the most important on your list, with push notification and real GPS coming in right behind it.

I'd like to add a couple more though (in no particular order):

1. Proper Color coding in the calendar to allow a match to Outlook calendar categories.

2. Outlook Tasks and Notes sync over the air.

3. Allowing 3rd party speed dialers and contact search apps to include "#" and "*" characters in dial strings to allow automating calling card calls and calls to other voice mail systems. The Phone app's favorites supports it, so why not the SDK?

4. A real "Today" screen view on the lock screen, and accessible when unlocked as well. Intelliscreen is nice, if you're jailbroken, but I'd rather not have to turn off and on the device to get back to that view if the device is already on.

I have more, but I'll stop there for now.
    10-22-2008 06:12 PM

4. A real "Today" screen view on the lock screen, and accessible when unlocked as well. Intelliscreen is nice, if you're jailbroken, but I'd rather not have to turn off and on the device to get back to that view if the device is already on.
    Apple has filed a patent for the today screen so I would not be surprised if they roll out with this feature sometime. I would like the today screen as well.
    10-22-2008 06:32 PM
    I didnt read through this whole thread so it may have been said but the ability to forward text messages would be nice. But definitly copy and paste
    10-22-2008 09:15 PM
    Apple has filed a patent for the today screen so I would not be surprised if they roll out with this feature sometime. I would like the today screen as well.
    Here's hoping we see that in the next firmware update...
    10-22-2008 09:20 PM
    Wouldn't hold my breath.
    10-22-2008 11:48 PM
    Wouldn't hold my breath.
    I try to be a little optimistic. Stranger things have happened...
    10-23-2008 12:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure there will be the ever-present "bug fixes". Having tried to delete Cooliris from my iphone, it turns out there's a bug in Apple's code that keeps the app on the phone even though the icon no longer appears. Well, that's the message I got from Cooliris so I don't know how true that it.
    10-23-2008 01:02 PM
    That would be awesome. I'm just waiting for Apple to shock everyone with a bunch of new features in one update. When it/if it happens, the world will change lol.
    10-23-2008 01:05 PM
    That would be awesome. I'm just waiting for Apple to shock everyone with a bunch of new features in one update. When it/if it happens, the world will change lol.
    I have this vision of Steve Jobs dressed as Santa leaving some nice goodies under the tree for us.
    10-23-2008 01:58 PM
    I have a feeling we will see something cool soon... with the Storm and all of these other phones aiming at the iPhone I'm sure Apple has some tricks up their sleeves. I would think...
    10-23-2008 02:21 PM
    I surely hope they have something cool coming out. I just can't wait!
    10-23-2008 05:47 PM
    Soon as Apple addresses all common concerns, people will just flood the forums with "Hey, where's the Phaser functionality, morons!"
    10-23-2008 11:47 PM
    Cut; copy & paste feature(s) is/are number UNO with me.
    10-27-2008 11:54 PM
    I'd like faster backups. Right now, it takes over an hour! I consider it a serious bug. Totally unacceptable.

But I'm not sure if it's an iPhone firmware thing or it's iTunes.
    11-02-2008 04:09 PM
    Over an hour?? That problem went for me with the last update. I sometimes get backups lasting 10 minutes but that's only if I haven't done one for a while. It might be worth talking to Apple about your problem.
    11-02-2008 05:03 PM
    I'd like faster backups. Right now, it takes over an hour! I consider it a serious bug. Totally unacceptable.

But I'm not sure if it's an iPhone firmware thing or it's iTunes.
    If you have the latest firmware, 2.1, and you still have long back up times... restore via iTunes and start fresh. You should not have that issue.
    11-02-2008 05:29 PM
    Over an hour?? That problem went for me with the last update. I sometimes get backups lasting 10 minutes but that's only if I haven't done one for a while.
    I just tried again, and this time, it took only a few minutes. I haven't done anything since the last backup (a week ago), except added/deleted a few small apps.

I think maybe the first (full) backup is slow, then later incremental backups are faster. And maybe because I had aborted the backups, it was forced to do full backups?

I guess I'm happy now, and I'm changing my vote for turn-by-turn GPS.
    11-02-2008 05:30 PM
    Soon as Apple addresses all common concerns, people will just flood the forums with "Hey, where's the Phaser functionality, morons!"

I would prefer a tricorder...

actually, that would be a cool app - make it look likea tricorder.

Chris
    11-02-2008 06:25 PM
    I would prefer a tricorder...

actually, that would be a cool app - make it look likea tricorder.

Chris
    I'm sure there is a tricorder app already out there
    11-03-2008 05:32 AM
108 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD