View Poll Results: What feature would you like to see MOST in 2.2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • MMS

16 14.55%
  • Copy and paste

32 29.09%
  • Turn by turn directions in GPS

20 18.18%
  • Push notifications

24 21.82%
  • Landscape mode for email/sms

18 16.36%
    C&P and landscape are most important to me. Other changes I've wanted since I got my iPhone a year ago are (assuming these features are not possible today, or I'm a fool...):

- Ability to change the order of phone #s for a contact. Seems if you want, say, Mobile # always on top you need to delete and re-add
    - More email labels when setting up a contact beyond the one choice we get today (email) - I want Home email, Work email, etc.
    -Ability to change contact info from within Favorites
    - Better alignment with MS Outlook contact option for phone. Outlook has choices like Business, Business 2, Home Home 2. These don't sync well with 2.1
    - Ability to have one-touch dial phone #s that are in Calendar invites
    -Wold love Apple or apps dev create a Flashlight app that makes screen pure white a highest brightness setting. I use my iPhone all the time to find stuff in the dark.
    -Better way to clear the missed call counter in Recents without having to touch each one (without clearing the entire Recents list)
    -As a Gmail user, I wish my auto-labeled messages that get DL'ed to my phone were auto put into the corresponding folder
    - Ability to move pix from Camera Roll directly to Photo Libary.
    09-26-2008 01:05 PM
    I'd like mail to stop freezing - it does it on a regular basis.
    09-26-2008 02:34 PM
    Sorry, what is push notification? I have push email and I am notified when a new email arrives. Is that what you are referring to?
    09-26-2008 03:17 PM
    with push notification you would know when there were new messages/posts in apps such as Facebook and IM apps when they're not open in the same way that push/fetch mail works - that's my understanding of it.
    09-26-2008 04:33 PM
    Collapsible mail folders. I have email spread through lots of folders, many of them I'll never need to access from the phone, but I use in Outlook.
    09-26-2008 04:37 PM
    I really miss print. I use the iphone all the time to quickly go to a web site and pay the water bill and things alike and I would like to be able to print to a defined bonjour printer when at home. While being on the road these print jobs should stay in the queue until the defined environment is reached.

Then I would like Safari to stop from crashing. As this happens daily it is more then an inconvenience.

Third I use two other languages and the language recognition for German is awful. It would be nice if I could have access to special characters myself.
    09-26-2008 05:13 PM
    i would like the ability to customize, basically thats the only thing i've daily used jailbreaking for.
    09-26-2008 06:20 PM
    I want a weekview in the calendar and some sort of easy profile switching so I don't need to go through 4 button presses and 4 screens just to forward calls.
    09-27-2008 03:28 AM
    i would like the ability to customize, basically thats the only thing i've daily used jailbreaking for.
    That would be nice but I just don't see that happening though.
    09-27-2008 08:46 AM
    I'm not holding my breath for turn-by-turn in a FW update, because there's too much money to be made with it in the app store when someone finally brings it.
    I think you're almost certainly right. As previously speculated for 2.1 though, Apple may do some background stuff to aid turn-by-turn apps. Bad Ash's first post in this thread is pretty interesting in this regard.
    09-27-2008 11:23 AM
    What I like about this is the fact that there are good things and improvements to look forward to unlike in the run up to 2.1 when there were so many people desperate for a fix for major problems (including myself).
    09-27-2008 11:46 AM
    Turn-by-turn directions and rerouting in GPS

Landscape mode in email and all other apps

Copy/paste

Much improved interface for placing apps on home screens, including ability to insert new blank page, categories, etc.

Ability to subscribe to RSS feeds within Safari

Trial periods for iPhone apps

Multi-tasking (ability to run apps in background)

True signal meter (the last OS upgrade simply changed the meter to read four bars, without actually improving signal strength)
    09-27-2008 12:25 PM
    i voted for push notification i really want that out of anything. i would also like to have push gmail although i know that needs to come from google not apple. then MMS i dont think i would use it if i want to send a picture i'll send it through e-mail, GPS turn by turn i would really want to, video recording i also really want to not that im making a movie or a home video but still there are some stuff you are just fooling around and want to take a video instead of a picture and you dont want to look for your camera you just want to take your phone out and film your friend being DRUNK!!!! hahaha just to give an example... also landscape mode for text input i want it on anything that has to do with it i know apple only needs to put it on mail and SMS but still all the third party apps should have it to. i also want to disable the auto correction to its annoying i write in spanish and english and sometimes even combined i dont want to be switching between keyboards so that it wont suggest as spanish word for and english word hahahaha i just want free texting...also a little more customization avalable would be nice like maybe changing some colors/styles/themes something like that not that i would like to put an image as a background i prefer to use single colors because if you put an image is harder to notice the apps icons. the iphone already shows way to many graphics and colors on the screen to be adding an image on the background it would make your eye go crazy it wouldn't be easy to focus on something....but like i said maybe changing themes or the colro fo the background and the dock to a 3d dock like leopard(i dont own a mac i have a dell laptop) would be nice...thats what i can think so far
    09-28-2008 02:46 AM
    Its strange nobody is talking about file transfer between devices using bluetooth/Wifi.
    09-28-2008 04:31 AM
    Its strange nobody is talking about file transfer between devices using bluetooth/Wifi.
    It's possible to transfer files from a computer to the iphone using specific apps but if you're talking about transferring between phones I guess it's not that important to people. A few friends have asked for some of my ringtones/pictures via bluetooth but it's not possible at the moment (besides many of my ringtones are my own creation).
    09-28-2008 08:45 AM
    Wow, the poll is pretty much even across the board. Interesting. Remember if anyone wants something added just let me know here.
    09-28-2008 10:27 AM
    Wireless syncing with iTunes would be great - no more digging out all those wires. I can sync Splash Shopper wirelessly so it would be great to have that option with iTunes.
    09-28-2008 11:31 AM
    It came down to copy and paste and turn by turn GPS.

The latter is a luxury and the former is an absolute necessity (especially if the iphone ever wants to challenge RIM and WM in the corporate world).

I had to go with copy and paste but I wish we would have had all those features in the first place.
    09-28-2008 11:40 AM
    It came down to copy and paste and turn by turn GPS.

The latter is a luxury and the former is an absolute necessity (especially if the iphone ever wants to challenge RIM and WM in the corporate world).

I had to go with copy and paste but I wish we would have had all those features in the first place.
    I'd agree with you about that. I rarely use maps to find my way around as I've got sat nav but the lack of copy/paste is annoying particularly as I can't remember things very well and if I've not got pen and paper to hand I have to wait until I get to my laptop.
    09-28-2008 11:49 AM
    You know, wireless sync for info (calendar, contacts, etc) would really be good. I didn't think about that. I don't think I'd want to sync apps and everything that way, but it would be good if you could say, set your phone to sync over bluetooth every so often and it could just lay next to your computer and stay up-to-date... hmm.
    09-28-2008 12:38 PM
    You know, wireless sync for info (calendar, contacts, etc) would really be good. I didn't think about that. I don't think I'd want to sync apps and everything that way, but it would be good if you could say, set your phone to sync over bluetooth every so often and it could just lay next to your computer and stay up-to-date... hmm.
    Apple is one step ahead of you... it's called MobileMe.

Exactly what it does... well minus the BT part.
    09-28-2008 12:46 PM
    Yeah. Except it's also a hundred bucks, and I'd rather keep my info local for now, and not in the "cloud". The wonder of MobileMe didn't exactly leave me with a huge amount of confidence, and I like to run everything off of my own server, but don't feel like setting up Exchange, either. I'm fine with docking my phone at my desk, and syncing that way, but at work, where I don't have a dock, if I add items to my calendar, it would be awesome to just have it go back and forth on my desk without a wire.

But in light of the fact that MobileMe exists, I suppose I'll never see such an option.
    09-28-2008 12:50 PM
    MobileMe is well worth the 100 bucks if you ask me.
    09-28-2008 12:55 PM
    I'm using SugarSync as an alternative to MobileMe - it's free for the first 45 days and then the cost is related to the volume of data. At the moment, it doesn't sync Outlook data but it is supposed to be very high on their to-do list. I can't remember the exact prices but I'm sure it's cheaper than MobileMe and will be fantastic once they've added Outlook syncing.
    09-28-2008 12:58 PM
    You know, I was a beta tester for SugarSync, and while it's very cool, it didn't really do it for me ultimately, which is why I never got around to subscribing. It is a great service, though, no doubt. Again, though, you're still communicating with a remote server for your info, and I like to have a tighter control on that kind of stuff.

At some point, I'll probably just give up and implement a local solution on our server, or just say the heck with it, and get MobileMe now that the hiccups seem to be worked out for the most part.
    09-28-2008 01:13 PM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD