For those happy with their 3G iPhone Don't read

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
I was a Treo guy forever... Always with Cingular/ATT Great service, great coverage. When the first iPhone release, I was interested but not that impressed, but had to live through "Olaverez ...Olavarez" what ever his name is rant about how good the iPhone was... Any when 3G came out, I had been switched from PC to MacBook Pro for a year and a half, I was tired of my Sprint 755P and did the stand in line on July 11 loser thing with the rest of you.

Long story short, I HATE the iPHone.
I mean, it is missing features that the Treo had 6 years ago: MMS, video camera, email tones and reminders, Gmail Imap support, cut and paste, battery life, being able to text message using an email address (what is that?)....

OK , there is like half a bizzion things the iPhone can't do, but the one thing I really expect it to do is MAKE CALLS, and it can't do that.

Anyway after two phones, a million resets, crashes and dropped calls,
I spent 4 hours on the phone with ATT went the the Apple store, they gave me a new phone which dropped 4 calls on the way home in the middle of Suburban Orange County CA.

I called Apple gave them my rant about my multiple calls to ATT, and they are giving my money back on my iphone and told me:
"I am going to be honest with you, It is our fault, Apple should have made sure that ATT's 3G network was ready and it wasn't. ATT wasn't honest with us, and it isn't honest about their coverage. ATT's network isn't working correctly passing calls between 3G and 2G, it is dropping calls randomly and often, and the network is too thin with 3G.

They are going to help me break contract with ATT. I am thrilled.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sounds like you talked to a Apple employee who wanted to pass the buck and if you spoke to a AT&T they will put the blame on Apple. (Also a employee who was reading the blogs the past week. The network has been improved since then.) I don't know why you were having so many issues but I have had no issues with calls or 3g. Hope you find a device that better suits your needs. Perhaps a Treo Pro. Take care.

Last edited:

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Well, I looked at the internet after posting and did a search bud. Seems like it is more than me, there are two known class actions suits and articles coast to coast about the known problems. It has just started.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well, I looked at the internet after posting and did a search bud. Seems like it is more than me, there are two known class actions suits and articles coast to coast about the known problems. It has just started.

Hey "bud"... actually 3 suits if you want to get technical. And the latest one coming in the past few days. They are actually pathetic. People have 30 days to try out a device, if it does not work for the consumer they can return it and get their money back no questions asked. But hey, to each their own. Like I said, hope you find a device that works out better for you.

*Actually the 4th suit. Sorry.

Last edited:

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Bud, chill ok, this is not about you, unless you are a fanboy, 30 days while you are being told that there are updates that are going to take care of the issues. Believe me bud, if this weren't a real problem, would Apple be refunding peoples money, bad mouthing ATT and helping them avoid cancellation fees.
I'll come back and remind you when you see how big this blows up ;)

If Apple didn't figure out that ATT 3G network was inadequate during the year of testing, how is Joe Consumer?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Bud, chill ok, this is not about you, unless you are a fanboy, 30 days while you are being told that there are updates that are going to take care of the issues. Believe me bud, if this weren't a real problem, would Apple be refunding peoples money, bad mouthing ATT and helping them avoid cancellation fees.
I'll come back and remind you when you see how big this blows up ;)

If Apple didn't figure out that ATT 3G network was inadequate during the year of testing, how is Joe Consumer?

Ouch... you sound pretty hostile, and for good reason. Not a fanboy either, just someone who loves gadgets in general. And if my phone didn't work, I'd return it as well. But luck has it, my phone works great. Good luck with where ever you end up. (And I'm not being sarcastic when I say that. I thought about picking up a Treo Pro as my second device but I'm shying away at the moment.)

And I'm chilled. Thanks. :cool:

*The iPhone does have Gmail IMAP support.

Last edited:

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I just don't like it when my friend who has one of those "new" old RAZR (v3 or something) has 3G everywhere, but i only have it on my fancy iPhone when i'm noticibly near a city.. his probably holds on to the signal for about 10 more miles in the radius of the broadcast zone...

it's annoying that a phone he got for free 2 years ago has a better 3G signal then my expensive iphone that i purchased only months ago... phone or ATT?

That being said, i am usually in a wifi zone anyway, but i would like the additional signal/call quality... oh well!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner