View Poll Results: How many home screen pages do you use?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll

1 0.83%

15 12.50%

37 30.83%
  • 4 or more... I'm hardcore...

67 55.83%
    I'm curious how many home screen pages do you currently use? I use 3 for the most part. Main screen is for my most used apps that I use every day - consists of internet links, few games, and general apps. 2nd page I use strictly for game and finally the 3rd I use for the apps and links that I use the least.

Any more than three is really not worth it for me. It used to be that it would take longer to sync but I guess 2.1 has solved that issue. Now it's pretty much just 3 to save some space.

What about you?
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-22-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    09-22-2008 06:27 PM
    Only 2 (for now), but I just purchased my 3G on Friday afternoon stayed up until 230am Saturday to play around and download apps.
    09-22-2008 06:29 PM
    Yeah, it can be pretty addicting. I really think anything over 3 is overkill. I'm pretty hardcore but I never use half of what I currently have. Just not enough time in the day.
    09-22-2008 06:33 PM
    3. First screen is most used apps then I usually clump related things next to each other like Photos and Camera or games. I don't know how people have any more than 3 or 4, I don't even use all of the apps I have!
    Last edited by Reaktor5; 09-22-2008 at 07:11 PM.
    09-22-2008 07:00 PM
    I use 3 for right now.
    09-22-2008 07:55 PM
    I have 3 pages so far, nothing much new is coming out lately that is interesting. Must have to do with no push! I saw a guy who had 9 pages or something and was trying to figure out how to get more!!!
    09-22-2008 08:45 PM
    I'm curious how many home screen pages do you currently use? I use 3 for the most part. Main screen is for my most used apps that I use every day - consists or internet links, few games, and general apps. 2nd page I use strictly for game and finally the 3rd I use for the apps and links that I use the least.

Any more than three is really not worth it for me. It used to be that it would take longer to sync but I guess 2.1 has solved that issue. Now it's pretty much just 3 to save some space.

What about you?
    Oh man I have it exactly the same as you! I thought I was weird! Nice
    09-22-2008 09:58 PM
    Oh man I have it exactly the same as you! I thought I was weird! Nice
    Guess we are weirdos....
    09-22-2008 10:24 PM
    Two, with the regular stuff on the first page and everything else in folders on the second via the Catagories app in Cydia...
    09-22-2008 10:50 PM
    i currently have 4, usually fairly spread out as i just like to slide back and forth
    09-22-2008 10:55 PM
    2. i keep it clean.
    09-23-2008 12:22 AM
    Ebot how did you get that look on your phone-Jailbroken? Anyway it looks really cool.

I use 3 with 80% of use on the 1st page. 2nd page is games. 3rd page is iTunes, clock, settings etc.
    09-23-2008 03:56 PM
    yeh its jailbroken, the background constantly changes, which is good and bad, since it lags a little bit. Probably stick with a single background for all the screens.
    09-23-2008 06:49 PM
    I use all 9 but I don't fill them up except the first two 1) most used apps 2) utilities and tools 3) social networking 4) streaming audio apps 5) sports apps and web pages 6-9) games in various sorting methods ... It is very true that there isn't enough time in a day to use them all but in a week there is so at the end of a week if I don't remember opening an app and it is of no particular use, I delete it. I download a lot of apps and find this the best way of sifting out crapps.
    Last edited by ROAMINGRICAN; 09-23-2008 at 07:54 PM.
    09-23-2008 07:51 PM
    I use 9 screens. I constantly d/l and delete apps to see what's useful and what's not. Some I keep around just "because". Other than the first 3 screens and a couple "utility" screens that I use the rest is just fun stuff I'm tryin out. I figure hey if you have the space then why not use it

Also, one thing I found interesting from the other users pictures is the bottom 4 apps that are used. Other than the phone app (wished you could move it cause I'd replace it with SMS) I have to have mail available, the calendar and safari. Interesting to see what users deem important to have access to regardless of what screen they are on

Here's my breakdown:
    Screen 1: Apps I need and use just about everyday. I dont use Midomi everyday but I hate trying to find it or Shazam when I'm driving and a song I dont know comes on.

Screen 2: Things I use just about everyday as well but include games and my horoscope and magic 8 ball.

Screen 3: Web shortcuts to pages I visit often. Notice the TiPb and the Full Google Calendar is nice to have a shortcut to.

Screen 4: Crap and stuff rarely used.
    Screen 5: Language utilities. Probably should move these up a screen.
    Screen 6: Calculators, money converters, etc. Probably should move these up too.
    Screen 7: Crap
    Screen 8: More crap
    Screen 9: Yet even more dookie.

Hey like I said I am a packrat. People complained about not having apps on the 2g and now that we have 'em I tryin out whatever I can. Now that 2.1 is out it doesnt take forever to sync anymore

Apologies about the short novel here!
    09-23-2008 08:22 PM
    I use 9 screens. I constantly d/l and delete apps to see what's useful and what's not. Some I keep around just "because". Other than the first 3 screens and a couple "utility" screens that I use the rest is just fun stuff I'm tryin out. I figure hey if you have the space then why not use it

Also, one thing I found interesting from the other users pictures is the bottom 4 apps that are used. Other than the phone app (wished you could move it cause I'd replace it with SMS) I have to have mail available, the calendar and safari. Interesting to see what users deem important to have access to regardless of what screen they are on

Here's my breakdown:
    Screen 1: Apps I need and use just about everyday. I dont use Midomi everyday but I hate trying to find it or Shazam when I'm driving and a song I dont know comes on.

Screen 2: Things I use just about everyday as well but include games and my horoscope and magic 8 ball.

Screen 3: Web shortcuts to pages I visit often. Notice the TiPb and the Full Google Calendar is nice to have a shortcut to.

Screen 4: Crap and stuff rarely used.
    Screen 5: Language utilities. Probably should move these up a screen.
    Screen 6: Calculators, money converters, etc. Probably should move these up too.
    Screen 7: Crap
    Screen 8: More crap
    Screen 9: Yet even more dookie.

Hey like I said I am a packrat. People complained about not having apps on the 2g and now that we have 'em I tryin out whatever I can. Now that 2.1 is out it doesnt take forever to sync anymore

Apologies about the short novel here!
    Is all that "crap" necessary? That's a lot of crap.
    09-23-2008 08:24 PM
    Is all that "crap" necessary? That's a lot of crap.
    Hey brother I'm merciful. I didnt post the remainder of the crap!!!!
    09-23-2008 08:26 PM
    Hey brother I'm merciful. I didnt post the remainder of the crap!!!!
    There is a God...
    09-23-2008 08:26 PM
    There is a God...
    Yes and he hails from Cupertino....... OMG, did I say that out loud?????
    09-23-2008 08:28 PM
    1: Main Apps
    2: Productivity and Utility Apps
    3: Games
    4: Crap (uTube, etc)
    Last edited by AZMerf; 09-23-2008 at 10:57 PM.
    09-23-2008 10:21 PM
    I've got 7 pages at the moment.
    1. Most useful e.g. NNW, Who's Hot, WritingPad, notes mail, safari etc
    2. Games
    3. Photo apps
    4. Utilities and music e.g. simplify, remote, stitcher
    5. Chat, doodle and music apps
    6 & 7 misc

I have more apps in my library than on my phone - mostly games which I rotate to avoid boredom. Some are apps that I don't use anymore but have kept because I bought them. Over the past month or so, I've also deleted some free apps that turned out to be useless or that didn't work well and have never had updates. I don't use all the apps every day but the ones that are on my phone are the ones I'm most likely to use at some point. I could cut it down to two or three pages but, as I see it, the 9 pages are there to be used.
    09-24-2008 07:57 AM
    ebot that is cool but yeah it does sound like you would have lag and even some small battery issues with that on all the time.

Have you had people on the street comment on your phone when they seethe backgrounds?
    09-24-2008 09:44 AM
    I'm shocked to see that most of you have more than 4 pages... You honestly can not be using all of these apps/links on a daily basis...
    09-24-2008 10:52 AM
    I have 3 screens, with room on 2 and 3 for a few more. I've been pretty selective on my apps. I did just upgrade my 4GB to a 16 GB 3G, so I've added a few things.

I'm really looking for Documents to Go to come out for iPhone and some "real" business applications to show up. Got a few, but I'm not even sure I know what I need. Heck, I didn't know I needed an iPhone until it came out! lol
    09-24-2008 11:30 AM
    I currently have 4 pages. Page one consists of the apps I use on a daily basis. Pages 2-3 are webclips, entertainment and search apps. Page 4 is games...
    09-24-2008 12:00 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD