Visit site
I've got 7 pages at the moment.
1. Most useful e.g. NNW, Who's Hot, WritingPad, notes mail, safari etc
2. Games
3. Photo apps
4. Utilities and music e.g. simplify, remote, stitcher
5. Chat, doodle and music apps
6 & 7 misc

I have more apps in my library than on my phone - mostly games which I rotate to avoid boredom. Some are apps that I don't use anymore but have kept because I bought them. Over the past month or so, I've also deleted some free apps that turned out to be useless or that didn't work well and have never had updates. I don't use all the apps every day but the ones that are on my phone are the ones I'm most likely to use at some point. I could cut it down to two or three pages but, as I see it, the 9 pages are there to be used. :)

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
ebot that is cool but yeah it does sound like you would have lag and even some small battery issues with that on all the time.

Have you had people on the street comment on your phone when they seethe backgrounds?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm shocked to see that most of you have more than 4 pages... You honestly can not be using all of these apps/links on a daily basis... :)

Badmofo63

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
I have 3 screens, with room on 2 and 3 for a few more. I've been pretty selective on my apps. I did just upgrade my 4GB to a 16 GB 3G, so I've added a few things.

I'm really looking for Documents to Go to come out for iPhone and some "real" business applications to show up. Got a few, but I'm not even sure I know what I need. Heck, I didn't know I needed an iPhone until it came out! lol

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'm waiting for Documents to Go as well the nearest I have to what I want at the moment is sugarSync.

Is there a reason for the 9 page limit? I can understand the limit on my 1st gen phone but I would have thought that it would have been extended for the 16Gb phones. With SimplifyMedia, I don't actually need to keep my music on my phone and all my photos are stored on SugarSync so it's not a question of not having enough space.

All my old web apps that still work are stored in one place with AppMarks. If There was a way of doing this with apps from the store, it would be much easier to store all the apps - you couls have a folder for games, a folder for utilities etc.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm waiting for Documents to Go as well the nearest I have to what I want at the moment is sugarSync.

Is there a reason for the 9 page limit? I can understand the limit on my 1st gen phone but I would have thought that it would have been extended for the 16Gb phones. With SimplifyMedia, I don't actually need to keep my music on my phone and all my photos are stored on SugarSync so it's not a question of not having enough space.

All my old web apps that still work are stored in one place with AppMarks. If There was a way of doing this with apps from the store, it would be much easier to store all the apps - you couls have a folder for games, a folder for utilities etc.

I'm working on getting a beta of Docs to Go. I will update you guys when I can.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Even though I've got 7 pages, I do use them regularly. Anything that I don't use for a while gets replaced by something new (and usually free).

E-Bot

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
mreclass, yeh a little slide lag here and there, but i still like seeing something behind the icons, and the changing of the picture is a refresh, but i dont really show my phone off or anything so no comments, really care less what they think since i love my phone, and since i live right outside good 3g coverage its perfect for me. 1.35 mb dl last time i tested which is good enough. Only had it for 2 weeks, and just show off to my sister here and again when we are looking for something.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
mreclass, yeh a little slide lag here and there, but i still like seeing something behind the icons, and the changing of the picture is a refresh, but i dont really show my phone off or anything so no comments, really care less what they think since i love my phone, and since i live right outside good 3g coverage its perfect for me. 1.35 mb dl last time i tested which is good enough. Only had it for 2 weeks, and just show off to my sister here and again when we are looking for something.

Oh OK, I figured there would be a bit of lag but I think it would be worth it for the badass backgrounds! :D

Well I just wanted to know more about that so thanks for the information.

shwy

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
lets see... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7!!! 7 of them!!! got all my apps into groups, eg photos, buisness, etc.
EDIT: okay I hated that. 2 now.

Last edited:

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Im flexing 3 at the moment,

1. Is daily use stuff, so alarm clock, facebook, the sun newspaper, twinkle etc
2. Thats my utilities page, so Traffic info, tube status, shazam, conversions, air sharing
3. Games with a few spillover utilites that don't fit on page 2

I don't see myself going much over 4, My iPhone is pretty full already and its rare an app comes along nowadays which doesn't duplicate functionality I have elsewhere

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I have 6... I'm outa control!

1. Stuff I actually use on a daily basis
2. Utility type stuff like SplashID, Google...
3. Games, and some other random stuff
4. More games and random stuff
5. Things I RARELY use but want to keep. Like Urbanspoon (this page is not full)
6. Jailbroken stuff

After going through my pages, I think I need to organize them again.

robdam1001

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
1.5 screens and holding! (Slacker won't work when stored within a "Categories" folder so that is why it's out there on it's own.

photo-2.jpg

ss2.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro