View Poll Results: How many home screen pages do you use?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll

1 0.83%

15 12.50%

37 30.83%
  • 4 or more... I'm hardcore...

67 55.83%
    I'm waiting for Documents to Go as well the nearest I have to what I want at the moment is sugarSync.

Is there a reason for the 9 page limit? I can understand the limit on my 1st gen phone but I would have thought that it would have been extended for the 16Gb phones. With SimplifyMedia, I don't actually need to keep my music on my phone and all my photos are stored on SugarSync so it's not a question of not having enough space.

All my old web apps that still work are stored in one place with AppMarks. If There was a way of doing this with apps from the store, it would be much easier to store all the apps - you couls have a folder for games, a folder for utilities etc.
    Last edited by Dalekkiller; 09-24-2008 at 12:07 PM.
    09-24-2008 12:04 PM
    I'm waiting for Documents to Go as well the nearest I have to what I want at the moment is sugarSync.

Is there a reason for the 9 page limit? I can understand the limit on my 1st gen phone but I would have thought that it would have been extended for the 16Gb phones. With SimplifyMedia, I don't actually need to keep my music on my phone and all my photos are stored on SugarSync so it's not a question of not having enough space.

All my old web apps that still work are stored in one place with AppMarks. If There was a way of doing this with apps from the store, it would be much easier to store all the apps - you couls have a folder for games, a folder for utilities etc.
    I'm working on getting a beta of Docs to Go. I will update you guys when I can.
    09-24-2008 12:16 PM
    Cool, I'm sure I signed up somewhere to be notified about this.
    09-24-2008 12:28 PM
    I'm shocked to see that most of you have more than 4 pages... You honestly can not be using all of these apps/links on a daily basis...
    well ash as I'm sure you noted from my previous post. I don't use all of my apps daily but most of them I do use at least once a week.
    09-24-2008 02:16 PM
    Even though I've got 7 pages, I do use them regularly. Anything that I don't use for a while gets replaced by something new (and usually free).
    09-24-2008 02:47 PM
    mreclass, yeh a little slide lag here and there, but i still like seeing something behind the icons, and the changing of the picture is a refresh, but i dont really show my phone off or anything so no comments, really care less what they think since i love my phone, and since i live right outside good 3g coverage its perfect for me. 1.35 mb dl last time i tested which is good enough. Only had it for 2 weeks, and just show off to my sister here and again when we are looking for something.
    09-24-2008 08:06 PM
    mreclass, yeh a little slide lag here and there, but i still like seeing something behind the icons, and the changing of the picture is a refresh, but i dont really show my phone off or anything so no comments, really care less what they think since i love my phone, and since i live right outside good 3g coverage its perfect for me. 1.35 mb dl last time i tested which is good enough. Only had it for 2 weeks, and just show off to my sister here and again when we are looking for something.
    Oh OK, I figured there would be a bit of lag but I think it would be worth it for the badass backgrounds!

Well I just wanted to know more about that so thanks for the information.
    09-25-2008 12:36 AM
    lets see... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7!!! 7 of them!!! got all my apps into groups, eg photos, buisness, etc.
    EDIT: okay I hated that. 2 now.
    Last edited by apple is yummy; 10-05-2008 at 09:45 AM.
    10-04-2008 09:22 PM
    I have to rotate some of my games now as I'm going to run out of room soon.
    10-05-2008 08:52 AM
    four at the moment.
    10-12-2008 02:33 PM
    Im flexing 3 at the moment,

1. Is daily use stuff, so alarm clock, facebook, the sun newspaper, twinkle etc
    2. Thats my utilities page, so Traffic info, tube status, shazam, conversions, air sharing
    3. Games with a few spillover utilites that don't fit on page 2

I don't see myself going much over 4, My iPhone is pretty full already and its rare an app comes along nowadays which doesn't duplicate functionality I have elsewhere
    10-12-2008 04:48 PM
    Bringing some polls back to life.
    03-07-2009 12:16 PM
    I have 6... I'm outa control!

1. Stuff I actually use on a daily basis
    2. Utility type stuff like SplashID, Google...
    3. Games, and some other random stuff
    4. More games and random stuff
    5. Things I RARELY use but want to keep. Like Urbanspoon (this page is not full)
    6. Jailbroken stuff

After going through my pages, I think I need to organize them again.
    03-07-2009 12:53 PM
    1.5 screens and holding! (Slacker won't work when stored within a "Categories" folder so that is why it's out there on it's own.

03-07-2009 01:14 PM
    I have nine, and I would like to have more than that.
    Do you know how many i s the most that I can get?
    03-07-2009 04:18 PM
    Currently 4 is the magic number! Wish apple would let us use folders like the jailbreak app that's out!
    03-07-2009 06:19 PM
    I had 5. But recently scaled it back to 4. First two are serious, then games, then mindless stuff I hardly use, like the StunOMatic app, and level etc.
    03-07-2009 06:44 PM
    Im still on two and a half. Have not found any apps to get in the last few months.
    03-07-2009 06:48 PM
    I am up to 8 pages. However, I do have about 50 games that I don't store on my iPhone because I just don't have the room. I try to keep just a page or two for the games I am currently playing.
    03-08-2009 10:23 PM
    4 Full pages, I can't say I use all of them on a daily basis, hell there are a couple I rarely use, but when I need them, I need them, so they stay.
    03-09-2009 05:40 PM
    At the moment... 3.

Main screen
    Utilities
    Games/Media
    03-09-2009 08:00 PM
    I have 5 pages. The first 2 are the heavy use apps, the others are pretty randomly spread out. I often debate doing a total reorganize but at this point my mind is so programmed to where all the apps I use the most are that I think organizing them any other way would be counterproductive. I did however go through a few days ago and clean out all the useless apps that I couldn't remember the last time I had used.
    03-13-2009 01:09 AM
    Managing my app pages is an ever evolving process for me. Right now I have 7 pages, not all are full.

I have my "main pages" that are apps I use frequently then others for games or categories I just make up myself.

Page
    1. Home screen, all apps I use many times a day.
    2. Home screen 2, more apps I use often. Settings is also here so people checking out my iPhone are less tempted to go into them.
    3. Half page of utility type apps.
    4. Half page of entertainment, iFart, iChuck, Magic8ball, LOLCats, etc.
    5. Games
    6. More games.
    7. Apps I'm evaluating or maybe waiting for an update to see if they get better due to issues.

I'd like some better management options. I also have a ton of apps and games I do not have on the iPhone in iTunes. I've been meaning to do some house cleaning lately.

And yes, I am totally addicted to the app store. Every DAY I am in the app store just browsing looking at new stuff and what not. It is seriously like crack, I just cannot get enough; ever. Is there an Application Annonomus anyone knows about?
    Last edited by sting7k; 03-13-2009 at 02:26 PM.
    03-13-2009 02:10 PM
    I have 6 pages.

The first page has the iPhone built in apps.

The second page has the utilities I use the most.

The third and fourth pages have games I like to play.

The fifth page is for my daughter - the games and apps she likes.

The sixth page has apps that I am reviewing or plan to review soon.
    03-15-2009 12:25 AM
    I have 4 complete pages of apps right now. The first page is how it comes out of the box sans the clock (which is on the last page now) and 3 apps that I use the most. The 2nd page is news/sports apps, and 3rd and 4th pages are little used apps but still used.

I have had 5 pages at one point but deleted some because I never used them at all.
    03-15-2009 05:08 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD