My phone is 'shutting off' after I complete phone calls. Often it happens when the person I am talking with hangs up first. My screen goes black and (although I have not touched it) I can hear the (click) sound as if I had touched the 'sleep/wake' button. I have to wait a while, then manually, click the 'sleep/wake' button again to 'reactivate.'
    There has to be a way to eliminate this hassle. HELP!
    09-22-2008 01:39 PM
    My phone is 'shutting off' after I complete phone calls. Often it happens when the person I am talking with hangs up first. My screen goes black and (although I have not touched it) I can hear the (click) sound as if I had touched the 'sleep/wake' button. I have to wait a while, then manually, click the 'sleep/wake' button again to 'reactivate.'
    There has to be a way to eliminate this hassle. HELP!
    Well if someone calls you, then when the call is ended, the screen shuts off. Then you have to click the home/sleep button and unlock it to turn it back on. After you call someone, and then end the call, this will not happen.

Is this happening in general, or just after someone calls you? Also, how long do you have to wait before you can get the screen to show up again?
    09-22-2008 01:57 PM
    Like avt said, this is completely normal for your phone to do this.
    09-22-2008 01:59 PM
    This is normal. I thought I was having the same exact issue. It's a matter of whether the phone is 'awake' when someone calls you or simply if it's locked.

When the phone is locked and someone calls you can answer it, even when you have a passcode enabled, as I do. But once the call is over with it will return to the sleep/locked state.
    09-22-2008 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD