Hey guys, when I access a site on Safari (i.e. espn.com) let's say, and it automatically takes me to the mobile version of the site, how can I access the full HTML page? Typing it in the address bar usually takes any site that has a mobile-optimized page directly to that. Stupid question I know...
    09-17-2008 03:37 PM
    Hey guys, when I access a site on Safari (i.e. espn.com) let's say, and it automatically takes me to the mobile version of the site, how can I access the full HTML page? Typing it in the address bar usually takes any site that has a mobile-optimized page directly to that. Stupid question I know...
    That's not a silly question at all. I wonder the same thing. Sometimes websites display a show full html site link at the bottom of the page. But some sites don't offer the option to change to the full html version.
    09-18-2008 01:56 PM
    If it automatically opens the mobile version, I usually just open the address bar, click go again on the key board and it opens the regular site.
    09-18-2008 02:16 PM
    Most of the time those mobile or iPhone optimized sites have a link that redirects you to the actual site. The mobile ESPN one does have it in the lower left hand corner which says espn.com.

Hope this helps.
    09-18-2008 03:52 PM
    Most of the time those mobile or iPhone optimized sites have a link that redirects you to the actual site. The mobile ESPN one does have it in the lower left hand corner which says espn.com.

Hope this helps.
    I've noticed this with Twitter, to be honest, I'd never actually thought about the difference until now.
    09-18-2008 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD