I don't know if anyone else outside the US has got the MyGasWars apps as it's behaving very strangely. Since I got it earlier today, I've been lucky if I managed to get it to the loaded stage. At one point, it did actually show some gas stations in the UK but they were an hour's drive from me. Just now, it decided I was in CA which is obviously much further and every time I load it, the behaviour of the app is different.

My main issue was over the support links in iTunes and the suggested site in the write-up. None of them lead to an actual site - it looks as if the sites are probably not actually set up yet. This looks more than a little unprofessional as I would have thought it was important to have an app that works properly and links that lead to an actual site (or at least a message to say the site is under construction).

If anyone does have the correct links for this app, I'd be grateful for them. The whole idea behind the app is really good but, at the moment, there's not even a way to get hold of the developers to let them know what's going wrong. I guess I could always use it as a guessing game - see if you can predict what the app will come up with next!
    09-16-2008 04:52 PM
    I think I've probably managed to solve this one, I finally managed to get into the app and find their contact details. This morning, I got an email saying that they'd had a bug which was causing the location problems and it's now fixed. As to the strange links, from what they said, it seems it's a problem with Apple.

Perhaps other people can use this thread to post about problem apps - that's partly why I chose that title.
    09-17-2008 06:45 AM
    safari is my most problem app. :P
    09-17-2008 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD