Undocumented 2.1 Features

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Maybe its just me, but my IMAP emails are now immediately pushing to my phone...not mobile me, not exchange but my 3rd party IMAP emails are immediately showing up without a fetch. Maybe apple finally implemented IMAP idle support!!!

Anyone else want to try this out and verify?

How?! I use AOL which uses IMAP and I have both push and fetch on at 15 mins. My emails arrive pretty fast but it definitely is not push. I was bummed push was not included when everyone was talking about push coming out in september.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Is anyone else as amazed as I am by the improvements? Maybe it's because I had so many problems with 2.0.2 but, 2 1/2 days later and I'm stunned by the syncing that just gets faster each time and the fact that I can sync my phone and not have anything crash. Or maybe it's because I'm so easily pleased. :D

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
In 2.1, phone settings, it remembers the last number you forwarded the phone to. I forward during working hours to my work bb, and previously it never remembered the number. Now it does.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
In 2.1, phone settings, it remembers the last number you forwarded the phone to. I forward during working hours to my work bb, and previously it never remembered the number. Now it does.

Mine did that on previous firmware as well.

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
New ".com" shortcuts

Found this by accident. But when holding down the .com key brings up new options. I have English, Korean and Chinese keyboards activated and I get those countries shortcuts now. I tried to add a 4th but it crashed my safari when I held down the .com key. I deactivated Korean and added Japanese and it worked again so Im assuming there is a 3 keyboard limit due to space limitations. Not a deal breaker but a very nice touch :)

Apologies if this was already addressed but it's new to me.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Found this by accident. But when holding down the .com key brings up new options. I have English, Korean and Chinese keyboards activated and I get those countries shortcuts now. I tried to add a 4th but it crashed my safari when I held down the .com key. I deactivated Korean and added Japanese and it worked again so Im assuming there is a 3 keyboard limit due to space limitations. Not a deal breaker but a very nice touch :)

Apologies if this was already addressed but it's new to me.

Holding down keys to get different options was available before and it doesn't seem to be limited to the .com key. If you hold down "e" for example you get various options for that as well.

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Holding down keys to get different options was available before and it doesn't seem to be limited to the .com key. If you hold down "e" for example you get various options for that as well.

Yeah but holding down the .com key only brought up .org, .net, etc. before regardless of what keyboards you had activated. I dont speak Spanish or any languages that require the accents on other letters so I never used the "e" key shortcut. I'm sure they're still there. My original point was since this is a undocumented features thread that my finding might be an undocumented feature because I never noticed it before the 2.1 update.

Best Regards :)

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Missing the point...

... the old update 2.01, 2.02 or whatever it was, the .com shortcut only brought up .org, .net, .edu etc. Now it brings up shortcuts according to what keyboards you have activated. Since this is an undocumented features thread and I didn't see this with the last update I thought this may be an undocumented feature. I don't speak Spanish or any language that requires accents so I don't use the "e" key feature but you're correct, that was always there. :) this just saves me time now when I need to search a .or.kr site or a .cn site.

Best Regards :)

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Fair enough, I'd been a bit previous with my post and wrote it before fully checking it out plus I've only got 2 keyboards set up.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone else get 14 notifications of that last message? Just wondering if I've got a problem somewhere.