Undocumented 2.1 Features

gcov

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Same here... I just have to behave when my girlfriend is over. She doesn't appreciate me messing with my phone when she's over... which I understand. :D

My solution to that problem, I gave my girl my 8gig 3G and upgraded mine to the 16g. Now we both are in bed playing with our phones.

dan13l#IM

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I noticed there's now an option to enable caps lock in the keyboard settings. I'm pretty sure that's new.

There's also an option for double tapping the home key to take you to the home screen. Previously I think this was limited to just iPod and Phone.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I noticed there's now an option to enable caps lock in the keyboard settings. I'm pretty sure that's new.

There's also an option for double tapping the home key to take you to the home screen. Previously I think this was limited to just iPod and Phone.

Wrong on both accounts, those were indeed both there since the original iPhone. :p

jtenenb

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
Imap Push?!

Maybe its just me, but my IMAP emails are now immediately pushing to my phone...not mobile me, not exchange but my 3rd party IMAP emails are immediately showing up without a fetch. Maybe apple finally implemented IMAP idle support!!!

Anyone else want to try this out and verify?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I called apple about the repeat alerts and after ten minutes he came back and told me he has no resources for help on the new 2.1 software.

Impressive. :mad:

I love Apple, but for some reason that is not shocking... I let a text sit in my inbox without touching the phone for 20 minutes and it did nothing. :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not that this is a big issue but it was added.... when you take a screen shot you now have the camera shutter sound identical to Mac OSX.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
More of a fix than a "feature" but I know some people are going to have this issue.

I'm pretty sure you cannot manually manage your music and use the Genius, so here's what I did:

In iTunes, click on a song and then the Genius button.

Click on "Save Playlist" at the top of the list of songs. This will create a playlist in your "playlists" section of iTunes.

Drag the newly created playlist up to your iPhone. It'll create a Genius playlist on your iPhone but more importantly the Genius function now appears to work on the iPhone itself.

Thanks to the Apple Discussion Forums. :)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Wrong on both accounts, those were indeed both there since the original iPhone. :p

Sort of right, sort of wrong. The caps lock was not included in the 1.0 software. Just want to clarify although caps lock was added before the 3G was released, it was not available upon the release of the original iPhone last summer.

ROAMINGRICAN

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I get 3g almost everywhere now and edge in places I previously had no signal and my backup took 4 1/2 minutes with all 9 pages full of apps...... Hooray 2.1

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Ok, so after the 2.1 install i am very impressed...

1 feature is that when updating apps from the app store on the phone the icons go back to their original position once they are finished updating!! I love this one.

Also, they werent lying about the 3G reception, i have my g/f's 3G and mine right next to each other, and mine with 2.1 has 5 bars holding steady while hers with 2.0.2 has only 2 and is fluctuating between E and 3G occasionaly...

So altogether, as long as the battery life is increased as promised i think this will be the best update so far...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW