Any update on the second alert issue? I've tried it with both passlock on and off and can't get it to do a second alert.
    Ok, I can confirm it does indeed work, the first alert goes off 5 minutes after the initial alert. Another 10 minutes later the second went off. The screen does not light up, it is just the sound.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-13-2008 at 12:57 AM.
    09-13-2008 12:12 AM
    Ok, I can confirm it does indeed work, the first alert goes off 5 minutes after the initial alert. It's 15 minutes later and I have not gotten the second alert... weird. The screen does not light up, it is just the sound.

So you got one second alert but not a third? What are your setting? I don't understand why Apple doesn't place a setting in an obvious location.
    09-13-2008 12:58 AM
    So you got one second alert but not a third? What are your setting? I don't understand why Apple doesn't place a setting in an obvious location.
    I tested it again and I must have not heard it the second time. The first comes after 5 minutes, the second after 10 more minutes. Updated my post above.
    09-13-2008 01:00 AM
    Ok, finally got it to work... if my phone screen is on (at the home screen and out of the sms app) when the first alert comes through there is no repeat alert. If my phone is off when the first alert comes through there is a repeat alert.

Can someone confirm or correct me?
    09-13-2008 01:12 AM
    Ok, finally got it to work... if my phone screen is on (at the home screen and out of the sms app) when the first alert comes through there is no repeat alert. If my phone is off when the first alert comes through there is a repeat alert.

Can someone confirm or correct me?
    Confirmed.
    09-13-2008 01:14 AM
    There's also an option to turn off SMS preview in settings-general-passcode lock.
    Apologies if I'm repeating something said earlier.
    09-13-2008 07:45 AM
    There's also an option to turn off SMS preview in settings-general-passcode lock.
    Apologies if I'm repeating something said earlier.
    That's been there since pre-2.0.
    09-13-2008 07:49 AM
    Ok thanks, I didn't know that because I'd never bothered with passcode locking before. I saw something about it elsewhere and thought it was a new feature.
    09-13-2008 08:57 AM
    New fix is that 2.0fw was not able connect using Cisco VPN to IOS routers and this fact was in manual too. Now 2.1fw works with IOS routers so can be take as new feature.
    09-14-2008 11:00 AM
    I'm overjoyed to find that my backups are getting much, much faster.
    09-14-2008 11:57 AM
    Maybe its just me, but my IMAP emails are now immediately pushing to my phone...not mobile me, not exchange but my 3rd party IMAP emails are immediately showing up without a fetch. Maybe apple finally implemented IMAP idle support!!!

Anyone else want to try this out and verify?
    How?! I use AOL which uses IMAP and I have both push and fetch on at 15 mins. My emails arrive pretty fast but it definitely is not push. I was bummed push was not included when everyone was talking about push coming out in september.
    09-14-2008 05:43 PM
    Is anyone else as amazed as I am by the improvements? Maybe it's because I had so many problems with 2.0.2 but, 2 1/2 days later and I'm stunned by the syncing that just gets faster each time and the fact that I can sync my phone and not have anything crash. Or maybe it's because I'm so easily pleased.
    09-15-2008 06:15 AM
    In 2.1, phone settings, it remembers the last number you forwarded the phone to. I forward during working hours to my work bb, and previously it never remembered the number. Now it does.
    09-15-2008 08:37 AM
    In 2.1, phone settings, it remembers the last number you forwarded the phone to. I forward during working hours to my work bb, and previously it never remembered the number. Now it does.
    Mine did that on previous firmware as well.
    09-15-2008 08:49 AM
    Mine did that on previous firmware as well.
    For me, it would remember for a short time, but the next day it would always be blank when I went to forward. Now I went to forward after a weekend and it still had my bb's number.
    09-15-2008 09:56 AM
    Found this by accident. But when holding down the .com key brings up new options. I have English, Korean and Chinese keyboards activated and I get those countries shortcuts now. I tried to add a 4th but it crashed my safari when I held down the .com key. I deactivated Korean and added Japanese and it worked again so Im assuming there is a 3 keyboard limit due to space limitations. Not a deal breaker but a very nice touch

Apologies if this was already addressed but it's new to me.
    09-16-2008 01:53 PM
    Found this by accident. But when holding down the .com key brings up new options. I have English, Korean and Chinese keyboards activated and I get those countries shortcuts now. I tried to add a 4th but it crashed my safari when I held down the .com key. I deactivated Korean and added Japanese and it worked again so Im assuming there is a 3 keyboard limit due to space limitations. Not a deal breaker but a very nice touch

Apologies if this was already addressed but it's new to me.
    Holding down keys to get different options was available before and it doesn't seem to be limited to the .com key. If you hold down "e" for example you get various options for that as well.
    09-16-2008 02:14 PM
    Holding down keys to get different options was available before and it doesn't seem to be limited to the .com key. If you hold down "e" for example you get various options for that as well.
    Yeah but holding down the .com key only brought up .org, .net, etc. before regardless of what keyboards you had activated. I dont speak Spanish or any languages that require the accents on other letters so I never used the "e" key shortcut. I'm sure they're still there. My original point was since this is a undocumented features thread that my finding might be an undocumented feature because I never noticed it before the 2.1 update.

Best Regards
    09-16-2008 02:21 PM
    ... the old update 2.01, 2.02 or whatever it was, the .com shortcut only brought up .org, .net, .edu etc. Now it brings up shortcuts according to what keyboards you have activated. Since this is an undocumented features thread and I didn't see this with the last update I thought this may be an undocumented feature. I don't speak Spanish or any language that requires accents so I don't use the "e" key feature but you're correct, that was always there. this just saves me time now when I need to search a .or.kr site or a .cn site.

Best Regards
    09-16-2008 02:27 PM
    Fair enough, I'd been a bit previous with my post and wrote it before fully checking it out plus I've only got 2 keyboards set up.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone else get 14 notifications of that last message? Just wondering if I've got a problem somewhere.
    09-16-2008 04:19 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD