Oh I tried that. She's just not into it nearly as much as I am. :o

Mine didn't at first be then she became addicted to Aurora Fient. I just got her Spore but she hasn't tried it yet...

Added you to Twitter and sent you a message :P
    09-12-2008 01:20 PM
    I am dieng to get he update
    09-12-2008 01:22 PM
    I noticed there's now an option to enable caps lock in the keyboard settings. I'm pretty sure that's new.

There's also an option for double tapping the home key to take you to the home screen. Previously I think this was limited to just iPod and Phone.
    09-12-2008 01:30 PM
    I noticed there's now an option to enable caps lock in the keyboard settings. I'm pretty sure that's new.

There's also an option for double tapping the home key to take you to the home screen. Previously I think this was limited to just iPod and Phone.
    Wrong on both accounts, those were indeed both there since the original iPhone.
    09-12-2008 01:31 PM
    Maybe its just me, but my IMAP emails are now immediately pushing to my phone...not mobile me, not exchange but my 3rd party IMAP emails are immediately showing up without a fetch. Maybe apple finally implemented IMAP idle support!!!

Anyone else want to try this out and verify?
    09-12-2008 01:36 PM
    I called apple about the repeat alerts and after ten minutes he came back and told me he has no resources for help on the new 2.1 software.

Impressive.
    09-12-2008 01:43 PM
    I called apple about the repeat alerts and after ten minutes he came back and told me he has no resources for help on the new 2.1 software.

Impressive.
    I love Apple, but for some reason that is not shocking... I let a text sit in my inbox without touching the phone for 20 minutes and it did nothing.
    09-12-2008 01:45 PM
    My H710 BT now works with the audio in visual voice mail. Didn't before.
    09-12-2008 01:51 PM
    Anyone else thinks the screen looks brighter?
    09-12-2008 01:57 PM
    Guess I'm just so addicted to my 3G that I hardly ever put it down - although I'm not yet so addicted that I take it to bed like some people do!
    I know and I can't believe folks are having problems with the battery lasting.
    09-12-2008 02:34 PM
    Not that this is a big issue but it was added.... when you take a screen shot you now have the camera shutter sound identical to Mac OSX.
    09-12-2008 02:41 PM
    More of a fix than a "feature" but I know some people are going to have this issue.

I'm pretty sure you cannot manually manage your music and use the Genius, so here's what I did:

In iTunes, click on a song and then the Genius button.

Click on "Save Playlist" at the top of the list of songs. This will create a playlist in your "playlists" section of iTunes.

Drag the newly created playlist up to your iPhone. It'll create a Genius playlist on your iPhone but more importantly the Genius function now appears to work on the iPhone itself.

Thanks to the Apple Discussion Forums.
    09-12-2008 03:00 PM
    Wrong on both accounts, those were indeed both there since the original iPhone.
    Sort of right, sort of wrong. The caps lock was not included in the 1.0 software. Just want to clarify although caps lock was added before the 3G was released, it was not available upon the release of the original iPhone last summer.
    09-12-2008 04:26 PM
    I get 3g almost everywhere now and edge in places I previously had no signal and my backup took 4 1/2 minutes with all 9 pages full of apps...... Hooray 2.1
    09-12-2008 04:27 PM
    Ok, so after the 2.1 install i am very impressed...

1 feature is that when updating apps from the app store on the phone the icons go back to their original position once they are finished updating!! I love this one.

Also, they werent lying about the 3G reception, i have my g/f's 3G and mine right next to each other, and mine with 2.1 has 5 bars holding steady while hers with 2.0.2 has only 2 and is fluctuating between E and 3G occasionaly...

So altogether, as long as the battery life is increased as promised i think this will be the best update so far...
    09-12-2008 04:32 PM
    One more thing about the apps... They are installing at least 5 times faster than before...
    09-12-2008 04:34 PM
    Finally got 2.1 installed after a bit of a nightmare. I expected the backup before the installation to be long. 6 1/2 hours later and it was nearly done then an error message saying couldn't be completed as phone had disconnected (but it hadn't). Anyway, unplugged it then plugged it back in and everything went through pretty quickly. When I went to sync again to get the Genius and green apps bit, backup apparently couldn't complete as "phone had disconnected" again - hope this isn't another bug.

So far, things do seem slicker, the keyboard is faster, the alerts in Twinkle seem to be louder and I've got 5 bars all the time now. Looking forward to seeing what else it will do.
    09-12-2008 05:22 PM
    If anyone figures out exactly how this extra text message alerts work... please update us... I know they announced it as a feature but I have yet to find a answer of how... I've let incoming texts sit and no other alerts happen. No way to toggle it on or off in the settings either... hmmm

have you tried letting the text message sit there with the screen locked...maybe it works like Inteliscreen's alert setup.
    09-12-2008 05:22 PM
    In long text messages, the older messages are hidden, so you can scroll through the newer ones faster. At the top, there's a new button that says "Load Earlier Messages" that lets you do just that.

BTW, on the genius thing, I must not be one. When I go to playlists, it's not there. I think I read somewhere else about re-syncing to fix the issue.
    09-12-2008 06:33 PM
    have you tried letting the text message sit there with the screen locked...maybe it works like Inteliscreen's alert setup.
    Yeah, I let it sit for over 20 minutes with out and second alert. It's really weird because not a single person on any forum I have been on has a answer to this. So maybe it's not working?
    09-12-2008 06:33 PM
    In long text messages, the older messages are hidden, so you can scroll through the newer ones faster. At the top, there's a new button that says "Load Earlier Messages" that lets you do just that.

BTW, on the genius thing, I must not be one. When I go to playlists, it's not there. I think I read somewhere else about re-syncing to fix the issue.
    Yes, you need to re-sync. When a track is playing, tap on the album artwork - this will bring up the progress bar which will have the Genius button on it - saw this on the Apple video of the speech.
    09-12-2008 07:10 PM
    If anyone figures out exactly how this extra text message alerts work... please update us... I know they announced it as a feature but I have yet to find a answer of how... I've let incoming texts sit and no other alerts happen. No way to toggle it on or off in the settings either... hmmm
    It works on mine.. had a guy send me a message, I just ignored it, and didn't touch the phone. After about 5 minutes, my text alert tone went off again, I still didn't touch it, and let it sit there more, and 5-10 minutes later, my text alert tone dinged again. I didn't let it sit any longer after the 2nd time, I assumed that was it. But it did work for me. No setting to mess with under any of the settings screens, I think it just works on it's own, if you receive a text, and don't acknowledge it by opening it up on the phone, it will just remind you again by repeating the tone.
    09-12-2008 09:42 PM
    I actually had the text message second alert work. I had just gotten out of the shower and my iphone made the text sound, and when I checked it the message had actually been sent 5 minutes before, so I assume that was the second alert.
    09-12-2008 09:45 PM
    Any update on the second alert issue? I've tried it with both passlock on and off and can't get it to do a second alert.
    09-12-2008 11:56 PM
    [QUOTE

No comments about my tastes in music please![/QUOTE]

You're a jazz guy, that's cool! Nothing wrong with that...
    09-13-2008 12:06 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD