2.1 IPhone upgrade - How is it working for you?

giantrobot

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
hmm, genius playlist shows up on iphone, but it tells me i need to enable it in itunes first, which i've already done.

does it not work if i'm manually managing my music?

Tasman

Sep 7, 2008
twitter.com
Update went fairly well, just a slight glitch with the initial backup. Updating firmware took what seemed like ages, maybe about 10mins.

iPhone2.1 now updated, and most seems good (preferred the previous 3G and Edge symbols, but minor quibble).

However, PUSH is NOT working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pushing from from MobileMe not sending to Phone, but works ok manually checking for mail.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
hmm, genius playlist shows up on iphone, but it tells me i need to enable it in itunes first, which i've already done.

does it not work if i'm manually managing my music?

You just answered your own question... :)

You can not manually manage your music.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Update went fairly well, just a slight glitch with the initial backup. Updating firmware took what seemed like ages, maybe about 10mins.

iPhone2.1 now updated, and most seems good (preferred the previous 3G and Edge symbols, but minor quibble).

Pushing from from MobileMe not sending to Phone, but works ok manually checking for mail.

Try taking away your MobileMe account and then adding it back. Worked for me. But it does not seem as stable. Seems more like a issue with MobileMe.

Tasman

Sep 7, 2008
twitter.com
Had a thought, Uncle Steve did say that 2.1 would deliver better battery life, now I know how they did it, by screwing the Push, therefore no checking for mail makes for better battery life !!!

Tasman

Sep 7, 2008
twitter.com

I might take that back, a message just popped into my iPhone, but is it a dealyed test message or a new one that arrived in my in-box ? Itching to see but leaving phone alone to see if SMS 2nd alert is a myth or not.:D

Tasman

Sep 7, 2008
twitter.com
I might take that back, a message just popped into my iPhone, but is it a dealyed test message or a new one that arrived in my in-box ? Itching to see but leaving phone alone to see if SMS 2nd alert is a myth or not.:D

Ok, Push appears to be working now :eek:
But SMS 2nd alert didn't happen after a 20 minute wait.

losamillion

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i was really hopeing to at least be able to have the luxry to have a forward feature in the SMS application...It jus seems like basic funtions are left out...dont get me wrong i like the updates but basic funtions that say a 1 generation Nokia can do (i kno yall remember those) seems like common sense...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
i was really hopeing to at least be able to have the luxry to have a forward feature in the SMS application...It jus seems like basic funtions are left out...dont get me wrong i like the updates but basic funtions that say a 1 generation Nokia can do (i kno yall remember those) seems like common sense...

The first generation Nokia doesn't have threaded messaging like the iPhone. :)

losamillion

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
rightfully so but that was also in the 90's....its '08 and iphone still doesnt have basic features but all competitors seems to have these features. Plus the foreva loved THREADED MESSAGING...Just puzzles me sometimes thats all... :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Doesn't seem like a trick to me. I am getting AMAZING 3G reception now.

If your phone works well and it didn't before that's all that matters... then the update worked... :)

I did have a issue while getting to work today. My phone got really warm and my battery drained quicker than ever... and I have no charger here at work... I think it may have been due to the fact that where I am at right now is on a 3g fringe area... I'm hoping. :confused:

bkcsurf

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Phone is tweeking Post 2.1 upload

Upgraded today as battery life had me down. Drains so fast. After the long download, I rebooted and then lost my access to Exchange server (work email). And then everything was hanging up and delaying touch commands. I'm not able to get any email, one account with comcast, at this time. Weird stuff. Anyone else have issues with exchange server accounts?

Thanks,

BKC

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Text message alerts working for me...

One of my biggest gripes was the sound setting bugs..
Did the update this morning, haven't missed a text yet, the alerts are going off every time, and it is doing the extra alerts for me. I let one sit, about 5 minutes later, it beeped again, and then it did it 1 more time a little later than that. (might have been 5-10 minutes, not really sure) So the issue is good to go for me.

My other big gripe was the ringer volume being reset to lower levels on it's own.
After the update..... the volume for the ipod features is now independent of itself. And the ringtone volume is staying put where I left it. No more problems with that now either.

Contacts are able to scroll after about 1 second, before it was over 5 seconds before they would move.

Not sure if it my imagination, but it almost seems like the text alerts are louder now also.

I'm very pleased with the update, everything seems to be going great!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR