I updated mine it's working good so far, not sure how the Genius is supposed to work, i have made playlists already and synced them but it thought this would allow us to do it within the phone, anyone know whatsup? I know it's early but anyone see a better battery life, my bar has gone down but i have been on it a lot do i dont't know yet
    09-12-2008 01:00 PM
    I updated mine it's working good so far, not sure how the Genius is supposed to work, i have made playlists already and synced them but it thought this would allow us to do it within the phone, anyone know whatsup? I know it's early but anyone see a better battery life, my bar has gone down but i have been on it a lot do i dont't know yet
    Sync again with iTunes... it should show up. At first it did not show up for me either. Another sync and it showed.
    09-12-2008 01:06 PM
    awsome ill do that when i get home from work i updated and rushed out cause i was already late. thanks
    09-12-2008 01:11 PM
    Hello everyone. Newbie to this forum.

I just upgraded to 2.1 and I'm not seeing the Genius option as you describe above. Hmmmm. Can anyone help? TIA
    09-12-2008 01:15 PM
    Hello everyone. Newbie to this forum.

I just upgraded to 2.1 and I'm not seeing the Genius option as you describe above. Hmmmm. Can anyone help? TIA
    Sync with iTunes again. Should pop up.
    09-12-2008 01:16 PM
    Sync with iTunes again. Should pop up.
    Thanks. Will give it a go.
    09-12-2008 01:17 PM
    I can only connect via 3G, my Wifi is connecting to my router, but 3G is displayed and I can't download from the App Store because it is telling me the app is >10mb and I need a Wifi connection.
    09-12-2008 01:46 PM
    I can only connect via 3G, my Wifi is connecting to my router, but 3G is displayed and I can't download from the App Store because it is telling me the app is >10mb and I need a Wifi connection.
    Try hitting "forget this network" button and add your WiFi connection again.
    09-12-2008 01:48 PM
    Update installed with no problems.

Did not perform an auto backup like the 2.0.2 did.?.?.

And.... Wow. All I can say is WoW!

My backups went from an hour and a half to now just 15 seconds!!!!!

Wow........
    09-12-2008 01:50 PM
    Try hitting "forget this network" button and add your WiFi connection again.
    thanks i'll try that
    09-12-2008 01:53 PM
    hmm, genius playlist shows up on iphone, but it tells me i need to enable it in itunes first, which i've already done.

does it not work if i'm manually managing my music?
    09-12-2008 02:20 PM
    Update went fairly well, just a slight glitch with the initial backup. Updating firmware took what seemed like ages, maybe about 10mins.

iPhone2.1 now updated, and most seems good (preferred the previous 3G and Edge symbols, but minor quibble).

However, PUSH is NOT working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pushing from from MobileMe not sending to Phone, but works ok manually checking for mail.
    09-12-2008 02:22 PM
    hmm, genius playlist shows up on iphone, but it tells me i need to enable it in itunes first, which i've already done.

does it not work if i'm manually managing my music?
    You just answered your own question...

You can not manually manage your music.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-12-2008 at 02:25 PM.
    09-12-2008 02:22 PM
    Update went fairly well, just a slight glitch with the initial backup. Updating firmware took what seemed like ages, maybe about 10mins.

iPhone2.1 now updated, and most seems good (preferred the previous 3G and Edge symbols, but minor quibble).

Pushing from from MobileMe not sending to Phone, but works ok manually checking for mail.
    Try taking away your MobileMe account and then adding it back. Worked for me. But it does not seem as stable. Seems more like a issue with MobileMe.
    09-12-2008 02:24 PM
    First backup after 2.1 has already taken 45 minutes and is only 1/2 way done. Anyone else having this issue?
    09-12-2008 02:27 PM
    How have they gone about achieving this feat? Must be disabling features? Anyone know specifics?
    09-12-2008 02:29 PM
    Try taking away your MobileMe account and then adding it back. Worked for me. But it does not seem as stable. Seems more like a issue with MobileMe.
    Thanks, I'd seen that in some other posts and tried that. Still not happy bunny though
    09-12-2008 02:37 PM
    Had a thought, Uncle Steve did say that 2.1 would deliver better battery life, now I know how they did it, by screwing the Push, therefore no checking for mail makes for better battery life !!!
    09-12-2008 02:49 PM
    I might take that back, a message just popped into my iPhone, but is it a dealyed test message or a new one that arrived in my in-box ? Itching to see but leaving phone alone to see if SMS 2nd alert is a myth or not.
    09-12-2008 02:54 PM
    I might take that back, a message just popped into my iPhone, but is it a dealyed test message or a new one that arrived in my in-box ? Itching to see but leaving phone alone to see if SMS 2nd alert is a myth or not.

Ok, Push appears to be working now :o
    But SMS 2nd alert didn't happen after a 20 minute wait.
    09-12-2008 03:10 PM
    i was really hopeing to at least be able to have the luxry to have a forward feature in the SMS application...It jus seems like basic funtions are left out...dont get me wrong i like the updates but basic funtions that say a 1 generation Nokia can do (i kno yall remember those) seems like common sense...
    09-12-2008 03:15 PM
    i was really hopeing to at least be able to have the luxry to have a forward feature in the SMS application...It jus seems like basic funtions are left out...dont get me wrong i like the updates but basic funtions that say a 1 generation Nokia can do (i kno yall remember those) seems like common sense...

The first generation Nokia doesn't have threaded messaging like the iPhone.
    09-12-2008 03:27 PM
    rightfully so but that was also in the 90's....its '08 and iphone still doesnt have basic features but all competitors seems to have these features. Plus the foreva loved THREADED MESSAGING...Just puzzles me sometimes thats all...
    09-12-2008 03:46 PM
    Copy & Paste.... as a hidden feature?
    09-12-2008 04:16 PM
    So far I've downloaded the upgrade but the initial backup is taking forever! Probably won't be done in a couple of hours.
    09-12-2008 04:42 PM
128 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD