Hi! Dissatisfied with mobile me I began searching for other services with similar features. I thought we could collect some services users can recommend.

I'm currently using (and staying there, works great): interways.net

They have all mm features for pushing things, and it's really fast and works!
    Any ideas on that or other suggestions?
    09-11-2008 03:22 AM
    I know there are some that give you an exchange like setup.

I can't find the links right now though.

I will look into interways though.
    09-16-2008 08:24 AM
    mail2web.com live is great
    09-18-2008 08:07 AM
    4iphone.com is a great service (not free though)
    09-19-2008 05:26 AM
    My company runs Exchange, and I have MobileMe for personal use, and I'm finding both rather awesome at the moment (though Exchange is a mess on the admin side -- no idea how monstrous MobileMe must be over on Apple's end).

I originally kept wishing for Gmail Push, but Gmail has decided to hate me lately, so now I'm not sure what a useful alternative would be...

BB Connect for iPhone? Er... pro'lly not...
    09-21-2008 08:56 PM
    As I stated, interways.net has very reasonable prices (complete Push is just $4.99/month!!!). And it works like a charm...
    09-22-2008 10:20 AM
    My company runs Exchange, and I have MobileMe for personal use, and I'm finding both rather awesome at the moment (though Exchange is a mess on the admin side -- no idea how monstrous MobileMe must be over on Apple's end).

I originally kept wishing for Gmail Push, but Gmail has decided to hate me lately, so now I'm not sure what a useful alternative would be...

BB Connect for iPhone? Er... pro'lly not...
    MobileMe has gotten better since the big mess I had with it after the 2.1 upgrade.
    09-22-2008 02:10 PM
    MobileMe has been great for me so far.
    09-22-2008 02:38 PM
    I am not wiling to pay $99 for the ability to get my email on my phone, why charge if BB doesn't, never understood that
    10-01-2008 08:42 AM
    I am not wiling to pay $99 for the ability to get my email on my phone, why charge if BB doesn't, never understood that
    It's much more than just getting email though...
    10-01-2008 09:31 AM
    It's much more than just getting email though...
    Exactly... It's push not only for MobileMe email, but contacts and calendars. It even allows photo syncing. I can send it up to my MobileMe account and delete. I understand there may be several programs out that can do it, but MobileMe is all-in-one.
    10-01-2008 09:58 PM
    Exactly... It's push not only for MobileMe email, but contacts and calendars. It even allows photo syncing. I can send it up to my MobileMe account and delete. I understand there may be several programs out that can do it, but MobileMe is all-in-one.
    Hey Jayden,
    I understand that people use Mobile Me for much more than email, but i don't need all of the extras that are included. I have no additional folders and no contacts in my outlook, all of my contacts are stored on my phone, for my business I have roughly only 15-20 solid contacts and they hardly change if they do at all. I am always on the go and I just need the ability to get emails on my phone so I can respond instead of powering up my laptop. I still use my BB as of right now but trying to get the resolved. The biggest move to the IPhone is the ability to use the PDF viewer in a larger screen and it has been well worth it so far.

GO WHITE SOX, SORRY TWINS FANS, MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!
    10-01-2008 11:56 PM
    Hey Jayden,
    I understand that people use Mobile Me for much more than email, but i don't need all of the extras that are included. I have no additional folders and no contacts in my outlook, all of my contacts are stored on my phone, for my business I have roughly only 15-20 solid contacts and they hardly change if they do at all. I am always on the go and I just need the ability to get emails on my phone so I can respond instead of powering up my laptop. I still use my BB as of right now but trying to get the resolved. The biggest move to the IPhone is the ability to use the PDF viewer in a larger screen and it has been well worth it so far.

GO WHITE SOX, SORRY TWINS FANS, MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!
    Alright, another Sox fan...
    10-02-2008 12:05 AM
    Well I am using nuevasync (spelled right?) for google calendar, it pushes and changes made on either the phone or my email client calendar instantly and its free. It uses an exchange server I believe. They are currently working on the email side right now. Once released I can finally get push email.

I was looking at that interways.net and it sounds really cool and they say you can use your old email address which is awesome but its more like a forwarding kind of thing not using your true address.
    Last edited by 3guser; 10-03-2008 at 09:38 AM.
    10-03-2008 09:22 AM
    I just moved over from MobileMe to Sherweb/Exchange, best thing I could have ever done. Everything works flawlessly. The main reason for the switch was I picked up a Treo Pro and MobileMe was not playing nice with it. But all is well now.
    10-10-2008 03:09 PM
    I just moved over from MobileMe to Sherweb/Exchange, best thing I could have ever done. Everything works flawlessly. The main reason for the switch was I picked up a Treo Pro and MobileMe was not playing nice with it. But all is well now.
    I have been looking into that! I asked if google calender can be used since mine is on exchanged and synced with thunderbird! They said google calendar can't be used. What do you use for calendar and what is your email domain? I might have to change to this if I can get it to work on thunderbird. Seriously. Have been thinking of this just need dome more answers.
    10-10-2008 05:59 PM
    Bad ash!!! I am really looking into this. I have been for a week, just need more answers. Its sounds awesome. So are your calendars synced instantly with the PC and phone? What is your new domain name now? I wonder what the @whatever.com name is. I might have to take advantage of the enterprise service since AOL is way to controlling and won't offer up serivce.
    10-12-2008 06:14 PM
    Bad ash!!! I am really looking into this. I have been for a week, just need more answers. Its sounds awesome. So are your calendars synced instantly with the PC and phone? What is your new domain name now? I wonder what the @whatever.com name is. I might have to take advantage of the enterprise service since AOL is way to controlling and won't offer up serivce.
    Calendars, Contacts, etc... are synced instantly with my Mac, iPhone, and Treo Pro. I actually bought my own domain, it's 15 bucks for a full year. (Keep in mind you do NOT have to buy your own domain, I just chose to do so.) Plus the 8 bucks a month for the exchange. Check out www.Sherweb.com, all the information you need is right there.
    10-12-2008 06:49 PM
    I just have a problem. I am trying to sign up for it right now and when I clicj the register domain I can't find one domain! They are all taken!!! I am trying but its hard as hell.
    10-12-2008 07:16 PM
    Sherweb wants 60 bucks for a domain I found!
    10-12-2008 07:21 PM
    Sherweb wants 60 bucks for a domain I found!
    Should be 15 bucks for a year. You sure you not looking at a few years there?
    10-12-2008 07:51 PM
    I just have a problem. I am trying to sign up for it right now and when I clicj the register domain I can't find one domain! They are all taken!!! I am trying but its hard as hell.
    And yeah, that took me the longest to get one that sounded cool.
    10-12-2008 07:52 PM
    Should be 15 bucks for a year. You sure you not looking at a few years there?
    The only option I get on the drop down menu is 2 years at 60 bucks. If your 15 that should give me 30 at two years. Maybe it matter on the .com, .net, etc?

Are you on the hosted exchange?
    10-12-2008 08:01 PM
    Give me one second, I'll PM you a link.
    10-12-2008 08:03 PM
    Ok, I lied, I'll post it here.

https://secure.sherweb.com/newcart/i...ang=EN&ext=COM
    10-12-2008 08:04 PM
111 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD