Can I email you to show you what I am looking at. Its still 60 for two years.
    10-12-2008 08:11 PM
    Can I email you to show you what I am looking at. Its still 60 for two years.
    Sure or I am currently on AIM if that helps.
    10-12-2008 08:12 PM
    I got it all signed up but they said they sent me a activation link to my email. The only email they got was the one I signed up for my custom domain! Haha so I don't know how to get this setup yet! I am so anxous!
    10-12-2008 09:07 PM
    GOOD Exchange Service like 4smartphone & Mailstreet give you Complete Outlook sync including contacts, email calendar and tasks. They also give you OWA. I use Mailstreet and highly recommend it.
    10-12-2008 10:09 PM
    I too am a Sherweb user. Does not get any better in my opinion. They were also rated the highest out of all exchange services. Just don't have the link handy to post.
    10-13-2008 01:38 PM
    Guys so far I am disappointed with sherweb. First of all I can't get it to work on outlook 2007. It has a problem connecting to the servers. It won't connect something about encryption not supported. Second of all I put it on the phone and sent a test email and I the phone did not go off so click into my email on the phone and fetched for the email which it was there but according to the settings for the account push is not available just fetch. I thought it was suppose to be true push. What about calender are you still using the calendar on the iphone and it is syncing? Maybe I need it to work on outlook before it pushes? According to the instructions when setting up the account on the phone I chose other instead of the microsoft exchange option, did I set this up wrong? I am waiting for the support to repsond, its been all day and nothing and I have been trying for hours to get this working. Ya I am getting frustrated.
    10-13-2008 05:51 PM
    Guys so far I am disappointed with sherweb. First of all I can't get it to work on outlook 2007. It has a problem connecting to the servers. It won't connect something about encryption not supported. Second of all I put it on the phone and sent a test email and I the phone did not go off so click into my email on the phone and fetched for the email which it was there but according to the settings for the account push is not available just fetch. I thought it was suppose to be true push. What about calender are you still using the calendar on the iphone and it is syncing? Maybe I need it to work on outlook before it pushes? According to the instructions when setting up the account on the phone I chose other instead of the microsoft exchange option, did I set this up wrong? I am waiting for the support to repsond, its been all day and nothing and I have been trying for hours to get this working. Ya I am getting frustrated.
    Sounds like something in your setup is wrong. Everything is true push and it happens in a instant. Contacts, calendars, and email... Give them a call, they would be better than me to help you set it up. Quick look in my iPhone's settings shows me this...

Email: your full email
    Server: webmail.ihostexchange.net
    Domain: LEAVE THIS BLANK
    User Namer: your full email again
    Password: that's obvious
    Description: whatever you want...
    Use SSL: ON

Hope this helps.
    10-13-2008 05:57 PM
    Thats what I have right now I got fed up and deleted it on the phone but there was not push option available for it on the phone just fetch and manual. I am going to give them a call I think...if I can settle down.
    10-13-2008 06:00 PM
    Edit: I did the wrong thing on the phone settings.
    10-13-2008 06:02 PM
    Thats what I have right now I got fed up and deleted it on the phone but there was not push option available for it on the phone just fetch and manual. I am going to give them a call I think...if I can settle down.
    I honestly think you may have overlooked something.
    10-13-2008 06:02 PM
    Edit: I did the wrong thing on the phone settings.
    Thought so...
    10-13-2008 06:03 PM
    I did it!!!! Wow I love it! Everything syncs flawlessly! I am a happy camper!
    10-13-2008 06:52 PM
    I did it!!!! Wow I love it! Everything syncs flawlessly! I am a happy camper!
    Wow and to think you were saying that it was horrible...

Glad I could help.
    10-13-2008 07:11 PM
    I know I feel bad now!I was just really frustrated. Hey I can still use my google calendar! I have been syncing google with outlook calendar so it works just one downside...everytime it syncs it asks for my email password when I am on the PC only. I had syncing every 10 mins so that got annoying. Unless I keep outlook open then its fine.
    10-13-2008 07:15 PM
    I know I feel bad now!I was just really frustrated. Hey I can still use my google calendar! I have been syncing google with outlook calendar so it works just one downside...everytime it syncs it asks for my email password when I am on the PC only. I had syncing every 10 mins so that got annoying. Unless I keep outlook open then its fine.
    I'm glad you got everything squared away. Hopefully all is well!
    10-14-2008 05:34 PM
    Bad Ash is da Mobile Man!
    10-14-2008 07:14 PM
    Bad Ash is da Mobile Man!
    I honestly never thought that switching to exchange would make such a huge improvement. MobileMe has a long way to go. At least in my particular case it does...
    10-15-2008 11:02 AM
    Mobile Me fails me on two counts
    1. Reliable Push email
    2. Letting me use my domain email (hosted using Google Apps)

I worked around it by signing up for an exchange account with Mailstreet. Now my personal domain email is pushed to my iPhone while also letting me manage/sync my Contacts+Calender with my iPhone. There are several providers like MailStreet who offer exchange+iPhone combo...just search for Exchange Hosting on gOOgle.
    Last edited by loconite; 10-15-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: corrections
    10-15-2008 04:20 PM
    Anyone tried Mail2web yet?
    10-15-2008 04:23 PM
    I too am using Sherweb. Been using it for almost a year now. First on my WinMo Treo and now on my iPhone. I initially had some problems with re-occurring Calendar appointments (birthdays and anniv) that were set up many years ago. Worked fine on my Treo and PC, but on the iPhone they looked like invitations. I had to re-create the 12-18 appointments as new ones.

Sherweb service is great. I don't own my own domain. I'm using my business' domain. Didn't have to buy it or didn't cost me more than the normal monthly rate.

I highly recommend it. Of course when my business switches to Zimbra in the spring, I'll probably move to Zimbra and drop Sherweb and the monthly bill.
    10-15-2008 05:14 PM
    I would NEVER use this interways thing. I've copy and pasted my remarks from over on another forum where I put this head to head with MobileMe, and it just isn't a solution that fits me. I'll also add that my remarks were originally made in late September/early October, and it's been working beautifully for me for weeks now, over two Macs, two PCs, and my iPhone.

Lovers of this service seem to tout that the first month is free. I don't care that the first month is free. MobileMe's first TWO MONTHS are free. If you don't want it, you uncheck a single box and you're never charged. End of story. And for those that stick with it after 60 days, they get four months free in the first year. Those that have shamelessly defended this other service, and can't seem to deal well with others pointing out potential or real shortfalls. I don't shamelessly defend MobileMe, and I am the first to point out its shortfalls. Desktop push is coming. They really botched the launch of the product, but the concepts and designs of the service are really spot on. It's just what is needed in the industry. Some people just can't accept the vision. Prince McLean really articulates it all well in his six-part Inside MobileMe series on Appleinsider.com.

I don't think the majority of people are happy with interways anyway, as in the poll on their homepage, where they ask how happy people are with the service, 31% say "not so much", more than any other category. Red flag! They're also a German company--I prefer to deal with American companies.

Anyway, back to my point. You failed to articulate how, with other services, paid or free, I can get all the functionality that MobileMe brings. It's much more than e-mail...more than calendar and contacts sync. And let's see: I can choose iwm.me, air-mail.cc, electrogramm.com...etc...all lame domain names, as is interways.net. So, until you can show me, piece by piece, how I can duplicate the functionality and tight integration MobileMe provides for my Macs, my iPhone and Windows XP at work, it's all nonsense to me. Most people want one solution, not 10. That's why this service is not a one-to-one replacement. I can't even agree it's a solid e-mail and calendar replacement. I don't want to change my e-mail address, for one. Therefore, I'd have to go search and find other services that piece together perhaps 50% of the functionality. No thanks. I'm not going to provide money to more than one company for what I already get for a reasonable $8.33/month, and that's that.

I do wish MobileMe provided the ability to host more than photos on my own domain name. However, I think they should stay out of that business--too messy and other companies do it well.

I'm glad some are happy with this other service--but there are reasons for wanting one or the other. At the end of the day, the end user will have to decide what works best for them.
    10-15-2008 05:15 PM
    I honestly never thought that switching to exchange would make such a huge improvement. MobileMe has a long way to go. At least in my particular case it does...
    I agree I am just extremely happy now with with email. Everything syncs easily. I still have my old account but I switched everything to my new exchange account. My old AOL account gets so much spam now its nuts.
    10-15-2008 07:28 PM
    I agree I am just extremely happy now with with email. Everything syncs easily. I still have my old account but I switched everything to my new exchange account. My old AOL account gets so much spam now its nuts.
    That's the nice thing about your own domain... you will never get spam.
    10-16-2008 12:10 AM
    That's the nice thing about your own domain... you will never get spam.
    you will get it eventually. maybe not AOL quantities, but it is just a matter of time before they get you email address....your sister forwards on some piece of spam to you and 100 other friends, you may delete it, but someone will keep forwarding it without removing all the mail header info and eventually someone will collect it.

I'm not always so pessimistic, just playing the devils advocate this AM.
    10-16-2008 08:05 AM
    you will get it eventually. maybe not AOL quantities, but it is just a matter of time before they get you email address....your sister forwards on some piece of spam to you and 100 other friends, you may delete it, but someone will keep forwarding it without removing all the mail header info and eventually someone will collect it.

I'm not always so pessimistic, just playing the devils advocate this AM.
    While that is very true and also signing up for things on websites can do it as well. I'll just use the old account for that.
    10-16-2008 08:59 AM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD