Is there a way to remove an "WIFI only" app update that is frozen in the loading stage?

I was at the ferry terminal that had WIFI, so I selected to update "Ambiance", which needs to be on WIFI since its over 10mb, but it was updating so slowly that I couldn't get it done in the hour I was at the ferry terminal. So I turned off the WIFI and I got the error message the it has to be updated on WIFI.

I have done the following:

-sync'd with iTunes
    -soft reset
    -removed the app under the apps tab in iTunes (the loading icon still remained)
    -added the app back under the apps tab (memory reflected the addition, but icon remained "loading")

I really don't want to do a restore because it takes a long time to get the all my apps and music back on my iPhone.

Thanks for any help.
    09-08-2008 09:01 PM
    That is crazy that it stayed... this may be a obvious question but did you perform a reset by holding down the home button along with the top button? I can't imagine it still saying "loading" after a reset like that.
    09-09-2008 12:28 AM
    Yeah, it's pretty weird. I did that kind if reset after I did a sync. It that the soft reset? The last time I held home button and the top button while I was having trouble with an app update (labyrinth le) I locked my iPhone and I had to do a hard reset (hold home for 10 or 15 seconds and the plug into iTunes). This wipes everything.

It still shows with the dimmed icon, the status bar, and it says, "Loading..." under it. I'll get the iTunes request for my password every once in a while and after holding down home and the top button.

I figured I'd make a trip to starbucks and try the WIFI update again.
    09-09-2008 12:47 AM
    The gym I went to tonight had WIFI so I tried to reload the app that was stuck on "Loading..." and after one unsuccessful attempt, I was able to get it to update and now all is back to normal.

I was never able to remove the uninstalled app from my iPhone, it just kept saying "Loading" and iTunes kept asking me for my password.

I don't recommend anyone purchase or load any app over 80MB with WIFI on the iPhone unless you can stay connected with it for at least 2 hours.

I am happy that I have everything cleaned up for Fridays big update though.
    09-11-2008 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD