I am unable to update my iphone apps. whenever i try to update them from my iphone, they fail and say update it through itunes. when i do try to update it through itunes, it still fails. i get the following error messages from itunes

anyone have an idea?

Thanks
    09-07-2008 10:31 PM
    Had that happen. Close itunes, close all itunes related processes. Restart it. Do a soft reset of phone. Try again. If problems, you may have to restore. Do a clean one. Install each app one by one and do a soft reset after each one.
    09-08-2008 08:07 AM
    i have dont a soft reset, and restarted itunes as stated, but i am sitll unable to update. i will have to try a restore..
    09-09-2008 04:47 PM
    error still occurs after 2.1...GRR!!
    09-12-2008 03:58 PM
    Try deleting the apps off your iPhone, unplugging it, updating the apps then syncing them.
    09-12-2008 04:12 PM
    Delete the apps with the errors and d/l again.
    09-12-2008 04:59 PM
    That was happening to me for quite some time. Each time I would connect and sync it would tell me that it couldn't. I decided to do a full restore (from scratch not a soft restore) and it works great now. No more errors.

The only thing is that you'll loose a bit of your preferences (like blutooth connections, WiFi, etc.), but it really improved and now my phone call run any program (before it would be sketchy).

Hope this helps.
    09-12-2008 09:11 PM
    ok so question, when i do a full restore, am i able to keep my phone numbers and all?
    09-13-2008 01:34 AM
    All your settings will revert as if you just bought the phone. So you will have to re-sync all your address book, bookmarks, music, etc. once it is done. The phone will work just like it did the minute you left the apple store (your phone is working based on the sim card). So don't worry about screwing up anything else.

Hope this answers your question.
    09-14-2008 02:12 PM
    o ok, so basically ill full restore, then use my back file and resynch??
    09-14-2008 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD