Several surveys have revealed that iPhone users spend a lot of time surfing the Internet. Late last year, when Net Applications came out with its quarterly browser market share report, people immediately latched on to the fact that the iPhone, which at that time was in the market for a full 5 months, had a browser market share that was 33% greater than that of Windows Mobile devices. This was obviously an amazing statistic at that point in time - in under two quarters, Apples handheld platform had passed Microsofts over a decade-old mobile platform in terms of browser use. The amazement was further amplified when you consider that iPhone was selling in only one geography (AT&T) while over 20 million Windows Mobile platforms were in circulation. Its not just just Windows Mobile that was getting killed by iPhone. S60/Symbian - the browser in Nokias N-Series platforms among others? About 1/10th.

Read the blog entry for the numbers - they are quite amazing!
    09-03-2008 01:24 PM
    Internet is so much pleasant to use on the iphone, especially now with 3G.
    09-03-2008 11:29 PM
    Being a former WinMo user, the experience is heads and shoulder better. I find myself browsing more on my iPhone due to Safari being a better browser than PIE. I used more data with WinMo, simpley because I had programs that download on an hourly basis (weather, RSS feeds, etc), but the experience is much better in Safari.
    09-04-2008 08:19 AM
    my laptop at home is broken so I do 100% of my home browsing on it. Very impressed with the Internet on the iPhone.
    09-04-2008 02:18 PM
    I barely use my laptop while I'm home because my iPhone is almost as good for browsing.
    09-04-2008 03:40 PM
    I use my laptop for business tasks and heavy downloads. iphone is sufficient and fast enough for reading news and even shopping online.
    09-04-2008 11:48 PM
    I think the browser on the iPhone is the best one, or atleast on par with the HTC Touch one I used.
    09-08-2008 06:41 AM
    Mobile safari IS the best browser for a phone as of right now.
    09-08-2008 08:50 AM
    Yup. And decreases battery life! To quote Merlin Mann, the biggest drain on the iPhone 3G is that we can't put the dang thing down
    09-19-2008 11:35 PM
    This is funny because I find myself almost using my phone for browsing, email, and music than I do my laptop.

I'm a college student and so I'm always "on-the-go" and I usually only need to take out the laptop when I'm doing homework or writing a paper.

iPhone, to me, is major step forward in technology.
    09-22-2008 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD