I have a 1st gen iphone and I'm going to purchase a 3G phone this weekend. I've got lots of apps, email, etc on there and I'm wondering:

How tough is the transfer? I've got a mobile me account, does that help the process?
    09-02-2008 08:25 PM
    It's no different than if you were doing a restore to your current phone. And yes having MobileMe does speed things up a bit.
    09-02-2008 08:34 PM
    Don't do it. If you are paying iphone one prices, it is not worth switching.
    3G plagued by dropped calls. Do an internet search on "3G issues ATT"
    09-24-2008 12:37 AM
    I have never had more than 2 or 3 dropped calls since July 11th.

Buy it, you'll have 30 days to return it if you have issues. Chances are you will be good.
    09-24-2008 01:06 AM
    according to att today i had 126 dropped calls last month
    09-24-2008 01:38 AM
    according to att today i had 126 dropped calls last month
    Yeah, ouch. I really do feel for you. I wish I was not telling the truth when I said I maybe had 3 or 4 tops since July 11th. Have you been with AT&T long?
    09-24-2008 01:39 AM
    i was with cingular/att for 8 years up to last august
    paying $69 for two treos, unlimited text, unlimited data, 200 mms and 1250 shared minutes... without issue..never raised my bill i shld say they did raise it but always lowered back it after a phone call. last august went with sprint .. great coverage.. great inet speed just want an iphone... i like apple products... enuf said i am greatly disapointed honestly sorry u took offense ash... i just dont like the phone and they lied (att and apple) about speed coverage
    09-24-2008 01:50 AM
    i was with cingular/att for 8 years up to last august
    paying $69 for two treos, unlimited text, unlimited data, 200 mms and 1250 shared minutes... without issue..never raised my bill i shld say they did raise it but always lowered back it after a phone call. last august went with sprint .. great coverage.. great inet speed just want an iphone... i like apple products... enuf said i am greatly disapointed honestly sorry u took offense ash... i just dont like the phone and they lied (att and apple)
    No offense taken. I'm complete opposite, I had horrible Sprint service all of a sudden and I gave it a few months to get better and it never did. So I bailed and went to AT&T... have superb service in the Chicago area. It happens. :o
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-25-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    09-24-2008 01:53 AM
    I got my iPhone 3G on launch day, and with iTunes down, I couldn't back up. Set up Exchange and MobileMe, however, and all my PIM data was right there, near-instantly. Boom!

(I'm on Rogers, so no AT&T horror stories)
    09-25-2008 11:44 PM
    mobile me will help alittle bit
    09-27-2008 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD