A little birdy told me.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Yup.
Smaller iPhone.

And also iTunes 8.0 is coming. Not sure what the new features will be, but it's coming.

Last edited:

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I can see a smaller iPhone I guess. I would not like it one bit because I love the size of the screen as is. I can see Apple making a thinner iPhone now to compare it with the HTC Dream. I can't wait for iTunes 8.0 and Safari 4 to be released.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I can see a smaller iPhone I guess. I would not like it one bit because I love the size of the screen as is. I can see Apple making a thinner iPhone now to compare it with the HTC Dream. I can't wait for iTunes 8.0 and Safari 4 to be released.

Smaller iPhone's are not replacing the current iPhone. Just so there is no confusion and to make that clear.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Smaller iPhone's are not replacing the current iPhone. Just so there is no confusion and to make that clear.

So they are just making it an option of getting a regular iPhone or an iPhone "nano" right? Basically like iPod/iPod nano? I didn't think they were getting rid of the current iPhone, just adding different models.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
So they are just making it an option of getting a regular iPhone or an iPhone "nano" right? Basically like iPod/iPod nano? I didn't think they were getting rid of the current iPhone, just adding different models.

Yes new model.
I should have been more clear.

There's been talk of a terabyte iPod as well but that won't be for a long time.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Oh man guys.

There IS an iTablet being developed. My source isn't sure if it will be announced at this event or not. But it DOES exist.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Oh man guys.

There IS an iTablet being developed. My source isn't sure if it will be announced at this event or not. But it DOES exist.

Oh wow. Awesome news. Would be cool if they introduce it at "Let's Rock", but I'm more interested in what they are doing for the iPhone for now.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
How long was it after the first iPods were released till we saw the other versions like nano? About 3 years? With the iPhone apple is venturing out of their comfort zone of apple fans and into the mobile world so I would say that 3 years is a min before they make another device, but probably more like 5 years.

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
this makes no sense right now. They will continue their yearly iPhone roll-out and sell those like crazy. If they gave a choice of a smaller one it would only take away from the regular iPhones sales. New people would opt for the cheapest way to get the name. Plus I don't think there are that many more people left that are willing to switch over to At&t just for the phone.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Even if it took away iphone sales, its sure to add in overall sales. That's the end goal.

If apple would make a cdma (sprint) phone, i'd also be all over that..

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I hope apple never gets involved with sprint. I would never go back to messed up phone bills, crazy amounts of droped calls, and CS that has no clue with what they are talking about. I'm just happy I didn't have to pay an ETF when I left them. I loved Nextel, but the merge killed them. They just have great prices.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I hope apple never gets involved with sprint. I would never go back to messed up phone bills, crazy amounts of droped calls, and CS that has no clue with what they are talking about. I'm just happy I didn't have to pay an ETF when I left them. I loved Nextel, but the merge killed them. They just have great prices.

With Sprint I had unlimited everything for $15 bucks a month... EVERYTHING... the service got so bad I had to ditch it. Very pathetic. I never got text messages, would call them and they would say everything was fine. Blah blah... It was that way for about 3 months and finally I had to say goodbye.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iTablet existed before the iPhone. Jobs hasn't wanted to release it. I think that's pretty common knowledge now. No market for it back then. Has that changed?

Terabyte iPod is beyond current 1.5" drive capacity. Heck, it's beyond 2.5", though we're promised laptop drives that size in a year or so.

Now way that's hitting an iPod, and SSD going to a terabyte isn't likely nearterm either.

Apple loves them thin. An iPod the size of a WD external is a non-starter :)

iPhone Nano I could see, but by Xmas this year? They'd probably want to wait for a big event to announce it, then a lengthy buildup a la iPhone 2G and 3G...

Maybe next year?

(And unless the source is Steve Jobs or Jon Ive, nobody else has likely seen what's next :) )

Of course, I doubt because I secretly crave all of the above, and nowish...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro