Hello amigos,

As of this morning, all my apps were working fine on the iPhone 3G.

At this point, none of my apps work! They all just go back to the home screen after clicking on them (2 second lag for this to happen). Essentially, they are all crashing! What gives???

My iphone is NOT jailbroken or anything like that. I do not understand what is going on...

Please help! Thanks!!!
    08-22-2008 04:32 PM
    08-22-2008 04:34 PM
    Hello amigos,

As of this morning, all my apps were working fine on the iPhone 3G.

At this point, none of my apps work! They all just go back to the home screen after clicking on them (2 second lag for this to happen). Essentially, they are all crashing! What gives???

My iphone is NOT jailbroken or anything like that. I do not understand what is going on...

Please help! Thanks!!!
    Have you tried rebooting your phone? I've found that this helps when experiencing crashing symptoms.

Also, have you updated to v2.0.2 of the firmware?
    08-22-2008 04:38 PM
    Restart - did not work (tried twice)

New firmware - updated for sure

This sucks

Thanks though!
    08-22-2008 04:46 PM
    Any other ideas?
    08-22-2008 04:48 PM
    FIXED: what was the solution?
    - full restoration to default settings
    - restored to latest backup (contacts etc)
    - full reset on iphone
    - delete apps that are not working
    - re-install these apps from appstore download directly to phone

This could just be a temporary fix, let's hope not. I just thought I'd share!

Cheers!
    08-22-2008 05:55 PM
    I am know experiencing the apps crashing bug. This was happening on my non JB 3G with 2.0.2. I tried resetting the phone. Only the apps that come with the phone would work. I decided that I would use Winpwn to JB the phone and start fresh. That worked fine for a day. Then there it was again all the app store apps crash and bring you back to the home screen. It's funny because the JB apps worked fine. I tried removing the apps directly from the phone by hitting the x for each app, but when I reboot the phone the apps would come back (zombie apps). The only way I could remove the apps was thru iTunes. Also adding the apps via iTunes the apps will work for a time. For me it seems like 8 hrs or less.

Needless to say it's frustrating because I can't use any apps at this point. I'm hoping that 2.1 will put this crash bug to rest. I hope they release it soon.
    What gets me is that my apps worked fine for over a month, and now even after a fresh install I can't even get my apps to work for more than 8 hours at a time.
    09-03-2008 09:37 AM
    I feel for you, things which randomly stop working are annoying. Glad I have not had any problems yet...
    09-08-2008 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD