Should I wait or go for it??!!

rats13

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I've had iPhone envy for a while and my RAZR contract just expired(so I don't currently have a smartphone). Every time I decided I'm going to jump in there's either a huge line at the Apple Store or some sort of hardware/software issue I start reading about.

At this point should I wait to see if software updates or worse hardware changes are made to address these issues??

I'd hate to buy a phone and have Apple fess up and come out with a hardware fix/recall.

I just get to the point where I decide I'm gonna get one and then I get nervous and I wait. :eek: What do you think?

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
DONT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!! GO GET IT!!!!!!! Trust me. I waited for a whole year. I contemplated and 2nd guessed myself from the day the 1st generation came out up until 1am of the iphone 3g launch. I was with T mobile and didnt want to switch to AT&T. Everyday for a whole year (no exaggeration) I looked at pictures on line and and kept reading reviews about the 1st generation iphone and kept getting on my wives nerves about the phone. It didn't help either that I have a Macbook Pro and my safari internet home page is Apple so everytime I got on the internet I had to deal with seeing it. On July 11th 2008 I got out the bed and drove to the Apple store just to see others buying it. I have never been consumed so much by something material. The next day July 12th, i got up early and made the greatest decision that I'm totally happy with and made the switch to AT&T and bought the iphone 3g. Yes, it has it's issues, but every phone does. I'm sure the issues wont last forever. STOP PONDERING AND GO GET IT!!!!!!! you'll love it and I guarantee you wont regret it.

brikz

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I waited until the 3g came out and i am glad i did, with the price drop and the new features. I live in DC and i was really worried bc everyone was telling me how bad ATT service was, but they have great 3g coverage here. So far no real problems with reception and i love the freakin phone. Plus with jailbreak there are so many new things to do with it. Just make sure you have good ATT reception bc i have heard in many places it is not so good.

wcarr3

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I'd say go for it. Don't let all the negative comments discourage you. There aren't any perfect devices out there. Sure there are problems, but nothing that can't be overcome. Again, don't let all the negative hype get to you. Remember, that all those who are making all the noise about how much they hate the iPhone and Apple, that there are a whole lot more who are happy and satisfied.

Last edited:

iiiphone

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Buy now or wait for 2.1 update?

Does it make sense to buy the iPhone now or wait to buy when it comes preloaded with the 2.1 software, presumably in September. The 2.1 is supposed to make everything better, right? So if you buy now, have issues, update to 2.1 when it's released, everything should be fine?

The issues I've read about seem to be software related, the hardware isn't likely to change anytime soon?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You'll have to update monthly for patches, etc. No use waiting til a specific one comes out. Besides, it'll be constantly updated and no smartphone is perfect or has no issues.

As for hardware, i could see apple releasing a 32gb one before the holidays. It's not like they haven't done this before to revive sales a bit.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Go get it bro, enjoy having the most magical phone there is out currently.

try to read as many blog sites and online sites as you can to for all the "Neat" things you can do with yours.

I've met alot of people here in DC who have iPhones, and to my suprise hardly any of them are even "using" the iPhone. They arent' using it for what it could be capable of doing.

I think BAD Ash could probably confirm this better then I , but i would say if you get a 3G don't jailbreak it... honestly there's no need to do it right now.

rats13

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I'm gonna get it. I've been driving my wife crazy like E Pow. So she's going to get it for me form my birthday. We just have to find time to go together to the Apple Store. She really just want to go down herself and get it for me but I don't think that is possible since the AT&T Bill is in my name.

Thanks for the encouragement. :D

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm gonna get it. I've been driving my wife crazy like E Pow. So she's going to get it for me form my birthday. We just have to find time to go together to the Apple Store. She really just want to go down herself and get it for me but I don't think that is possible since the AT&T Bill is in my name.

Thanks for the encouragement. :D

Muuuhahahaha.....

*twiddles fingers like Mr Burns...*

Yess... Yesss Smithers... you seee...

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
Yeah, get it and enjoy! I don't think any of the problems are hardware-related, so you'll get the software patches as they're made available and all should be well. Except maybe the white ones cracking, but if it does crack it seems fairly easy to get it replaced.

The only thing you might consider is how long it will be before the 32GB comes out. I'd guess it will be before the end of the year, but if you can deal with missing out on that, I'd still say get it right away and start enjoying your phone!

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
... The only thing you might consider is how long it will be before the 32GB comes out. I'd guess it will be before the end of the year, but if you can deal with missing out on that, I'd still say get it right away and start enjoying your phone!

Yeah, and another $100 most likely.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I would just get the 8GB over the 32GB. Reason being that there is a possibility you could loose your iPhone or have it stolen. I've lost two phones of mine. One I was on the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland and it slide out of my pockets. Another incident occurred when I was sitting at a bench at the mall. I put my phone beside me while I was talking to a friend. After the conversation we just got it and I left my phone there. Came back and it was gone. That's why I chose the 8GB iPhone. You just never know! Plus it's cheaper!

rats13

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Well I finally got my black 16gb iPhone on Sunday :D

Am I suppose to have a SIM remover and cleaning cloth. I didn't notice one in the box but when I looked at the handbook on-line it list those items as included. :confused:

Thanks everyone for all your help now and going forward :cool:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well I finally got my black 16gb iPhone on Sunday :D

Am I suppose to have a SIM remover and cleaning cloth. I didn't notice one in the box but when I looked at the handbook on-line it list those items as included. :confused:

Thanks everyone for all your help now and going forward :cool:

You made the right choice! Congrats!

Hmmm... yeah you should.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox