I just posted a new thread on "3G patch" after lunch today. It might answer some of the 3G questions especially for Baltimore (I live in Ellicott City and work at Hopkins).
    08-19-2008 02:38 PM
    Cool

Ok so the 2.0.2 f/w update was the 3G fix we've all been waiting for?
    08-19-2008 02:43 PM
    Cool

Ok so the 2.0.2 f/w update was the 3G fix we've all been waiting for?
    He wouldn't (couldn't?) comment on any future upgrades and agreed with "Apple dropped the ball on voice dialing & MMS". But it at least appears to be a step in the right direction for Apple?
    08-19-2008 02:44 PM
    Judging from the responses here so far the patch did nothing for reception. I personally can not verify or deny the claim that it does because where I am at I have do not have reception issues. Like I have said a few times in other posts I have not heard of the patch making reception better. I want to hear what Apple has to say about the patch. Plain and simple.

***And I could not take it... I lost my sounds a total of 5 times this morning. It has never been that bad! So I restored from scratch and ditched the old backup file. See if that clears anything up...
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 08-19-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    08-19-2008 02:46 PM
    Man, just when I was about to JB my iPhone they release this update. Well I rather have the bug fixes. As mentioned by others the contacts speed is 100% better for me. I haven't noticed any difference it signal strength.
    08-19-2008 05:02 PM
    I like having no more lag.
    08-19-2008 11:55 PM
    This is all so strange to me. I never had lag until the last update (2.0.1) and it was HORRIBLE lag. Since updating to 2.0.2 I have had problems with Safari working (had to do a hard reset a couple of times today) the error says it cannot connect to the server (or something along those lines). It didn't matter what website, Safari would either freeze or give me that error message. As for 3G fix... right now it isn't looking good. I will update more tomorrow with what I am experiencing as far as call drops. However, my phone still wants to hang on to a extremely weak 3G signal (no bars but the phone does not say "No Service") rather than kicking me out to a 2G signal that has 3 bars. Again, I will update on the call drops tomorrow. It has been an odd last couple days as family has come into town I haven't seen in ages and have not been on the phone (or in my normal routine).
    08-20-2008 03:33 AM
    Grrr............ I started having keyboard lag again. I notice it more after checking my mail. Anyone else with the same issues??
    08-20-2008 02:17 PM
    Grrr............ I started having keyboard lag again. I notice it more after checking my mail. Anyone else with the same issues??
    Sometimes mine lags a little, sometimes it doesn't. Mine doesn't lag nearly as much as it did with 2.0.1.
    08-20-2008 03:43 PM
    I don't know if it's just me or the places I've been putting down my phone, but I've actually had service in my room now. Before the update I could only barely get one bar in the weirdest spots in my room. Now in some places I get 2-3 bars!
    08-20-2008 03:49 PM
    Latest issue I was having on my way home from work today.... full bars on 3g. My maps were coming up blank... gps was working fine but as you can see... Did a reset on the network settings and it seems to have cleared it up. Either way if this continues I see a BOLD in on the horizon as much as it pains me to say it. Trust me, I want this phone to work the way it should, so leaving it would be my last resort.
    08-20-2008 04:58 PM
    Latest issue I was having on my way home from work today.... full bars on 3g. My maps were coming up blank... gps was working fine but as you can see... Did a reset on the network settings and it seems to have cleared it up. Either way if this continues I see a BOLD in on the horizon as much as it pains me to say it. Trust me, I want this phone to work the way it should, so leaving it would be my last resort.
    The Bold could be having issues with the 3G network as well.
    Blackberry Bold: BlackBerry Bold Plagued by Same 3G Problems as iPhone

You know Apple Engineers and Steve are not happy about having all these issues. 2.0 seemed rushed and not fully put through its paces.
    08-20-2008 05:16 PM
    The Bold could be having issues with the 3G network as well.
    Blackberry Bold: BlackBerry Bold Plagued by Same 3G Problems as iPhone

You know Apple Engineers and Steve are not happy about having all these issues. 2.0 seemed rushed and not fully put through its paces.
    Interesting. I actually did a complete restore from scratch earlier and so far not a single issue I was having prior. At first I was not going to install any apps what so ever but I added just the ones I use on a regular basis and all is well. I'll report back in a day or so to see if anything acts up again.
    08-20-2008 11:57 PM
    Since the 2.0.2 update, my phone lags in almost all aspects...especially on the contacts page and the keyboard. My phone seemed to work better on the original s/w out of the box (2.0) and I am almost ready to downgrade.

Of course, my phone is jb'd...maybe that is causing some of the issues(?).
    08-21-2008 10:00 AM
    Since the 2.0.2 update, my phone lags in almost all aspects...especially on the contacts page and the keyboard. My phone seemed to work better on the original s/w out of the box (2.0) and I am almost ready to downgrade.

Of course, my phone is jb'd...maybe that is causing some of the issues(?).
    You are jailbroken on 2.0.2? Brave man...

* Ah update for pwnage tool is out for 2.0.2...
    ** And here is a update on my issues the past two days. Yesterday afternoon I just decided to do a complete restore and ditch my backups. So far so good actually. The issues that I've complained about are not showing up. Loss of sounds, web browsing issues, map issues, no lag, etc... So if you are having issues with 2.0.2 you may benefit from doing a restore and leaving your old back up files behind. It just may help solve your problems.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 08-21-2008 at 10:49 AM.
    08-21-2008 10:02 AM
    You are jailbroken on 2.0.2? Brave man...

* Ah update for pwnage tool is out for 2.0.2...
    ** And here is a update on my issues the past two days. Yesterday afternoon I just decided to do a complete restore and ditch my backups. So far so good actually. The issues that I've complained about are not showing up. Loss of sounds, web browsing issues, map issues, no lag, etc... So if you are having issues with 2.0.2 you may benefit from doing a restore and leaving your old back up files behind. It just may help solve your problems.
    Quick Pwn (or however it's spelled) allows for 2.0.2 j/b'ing.

I have the backup function turned off, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Thanks for the info, though!

====I hope the Bold is released before my 30 days is up! I am missing my Curve more and more each day!====
    08-21-2008 11:07 AM
    Quick Pwn (or however it's spelled) allows for 2.0.2 j/b'ing.

I have the backup function turned off, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Thanks for the info, though!

====I hope the Bold is released before my 30 days is up! I am missing my Curve more and more each day!====
    You may benefit from a restore. I was skeptical that it would do anything useful considering the issues I had but to my surprise all is well now. And don't be so quick to get excited about the Bold.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/apple...wser-dual.html
    08-21-2008 11:12 AM
    restore back to 2.0.2 or to 2.0.0?

Also...I have a $hit load of games on my phone. Does this effect performace evev though they don't run in the background? I still have over 5 gigs of space, so that's not an issue.
    08-21-2008 11:36 AM
    Still HORRIBLE lag on the keyboard while typing text messages for me.
    And lag in contacts.

So basically, I see no difference from 2.0.1, sadly.
    Last edited by Reaktor5; 08-21-2008 at 09:13 PM.
    08-21-2008 08:57 PM
    I restored. It solved app and browser resets. It solved syncing taking forever. It made things snappy. This was a few days ago.

Now and then though i experience serious keyboard lag when texting or in email.

I restored from scratch btw. It's easy enough to sync everything back but you do lose webpages saved to screen, passwords, and might have to configure email again as well as ringers, settings.

Apple has a lot of work to do...with itunes as well.
    08-22-2008 08:35 AM
    I for one have noticed no differences. It really sucks. The ui is not faster and I notice no diff in the speed of my 3g
    08-22-2008 06:20 PM
    restore back to 2.0.2 or to 2.0.0?

Also...I have a $hit load of games on my phone. Does this effect performace evev though they don't run in the background? I still have over 5 gigs of space, so that's not an issue.
    To 2.0.2. Just when you restore don't use your backup file. Set up as a new iPhone. And it does not matter how many games or apps you have. Good luck. It's been 3 days now since my restore and all is well. All the issues I was having are now gone. The loss of sounds drove me crazy. Has not happened at all.
    08-23-2008 01:29 AM
    I have read some threads on Howard Forums where people say their battery life got much worse with 2.0.2. This is the first I'd heard of it and immediately cancelled my plans to upgrade last night. Do you guys find that to be the case?
    08-23-2008 12:10 PM
    I have read some threads on Howard Forums where people say their battery life got much worse with 2.0.2. This is the first I'd heard of it and immediately cancelled my plans to upgrade last night. Do you guys find that to be the case?
    The past two days since I did a full restore with 2.0.2 I've noticed my battery life seems better. I've been getting 5 hours of usage or a little more. With everything on. 3g, BT, gps location, etc... I was going to post some usage screen shots in the battery thread. But... it seems everyones phones are different at this point. So who knows...
    08-23-2008 12:14 PM
    I had no issues with 2.0 or 2.0.1, however 2.0.2 seems to have slowed my phone down considerably. I never used to experience the spinning wheel on the screen while things loaded, but now I do quite frequently.
    08-23-2008 01:09 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD