My battery seems to be deteriorating fast... in the last week I seem to have to have it connected to the car charger much more frequently. Is this a problem with 2.0.1 or is my battery dying?
    08-17-2008 03:17 AM
    Check out this thread if you have not done so yet.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/apple...tery-life.html

And how fast is fast?
    08-17-2008 09:24 AM
    If you are playing games expect a few hours... always plug in and play games.
    08-17-2008 11:45 AM
    does the GSM/3g modem ramp UP its power like the CDMA Search & Destroy feature... that is, when the CDMA modem has very poor carrier signal, it ramps up as high as it can go, until it finds a suitable signal level (translation, phone gets really hot, and batter goes bye bye).
    08-17-2008 12:25 PM
    does the GSM/3g modem ramp UP its power like the CDMA Search & Destroy feature... that is, when the CDMA modem has very poor carrier signal, it ramps up as high as it can go, until it finds a suitable signal level (translation, phone gets really hot, and batter goes bye bye).
    No clue, but I can tell you my phone has never heated up where I noticed it warm or remotely hot.
    08-17-2008 02:45 PM
    oh, after long conversations on the phone 20, 30 minutes or so... its warm...
    08-17-2008 02:46 PM
    oh, after long conversations on the phone 20, 30 minutes or so... its warm...
    Not here... maybe it would if it is in a case but if it's naked I've never had it heat up. Are you on Edge or 3g when it gets warm?
    08-17-2008 02:48 PM
    edge/3g, not sure, i'll keep a mind on it... it WAS in a case, and now is naked, but after a early morning session at my job, in which the building is a RF black hole, i was at 1 bar with the 3g indicator... after 6 hrs there, the phone was quite warm...
    08-17-2008 04:10 PM
    Check out this thread if you have not done so yet.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/apple...tery-life.html

And how fast is fast?
    I've done all of the tips except for 3G since that is the reason I upgraded from the 1st gen phone. My daily use consists of about 30 minutes total of RSS reading (a couple of minutes here and there), read 25 emails, bluetooth on, 30 minutes of calls on bluetooth. No third party app use lately except for the daily check for updates.

With the above, if I take my phone off the charger at 7:00AM, by about 3:00PM I have to connect to a charger due to 20% warning. I used to be able to up to about 6-7:00PM with heavier use. Today, after the 2.0.2 FW flash, my phone seems to be draining even faster.
    08-19-2008 09:27 PM
    I've done all of the tips except for 3G since that is the reason I upgraded from the 1st gen phone. My daily use consists of about 30 minutes total of RSS reading (a couple of minutes here and there), read 25 emails, bluetooth on, 30 minutes of calls on bluetooth. No third party app use lately except for the daily check for updates.

With the above, if I take my phone off the charger at 7:00AM, by about 3:00PM I have to connect to a charger due to 20% warning. I used to be able to up to about 6-7:00PM with heavier use. Today, after the 2.0.2 FW flash, my phone seems to be draining even faster.
    You would go from 7 am until 7pm with the 3g iPhone before this update? Consider yourself lucky if that is the case and welcome to the real world of 3g phones...
    08-19-2008 09:55 PM
    pre-post pictures from 2.0.1 and 2.0.2, both 3g, the only variable is how much i was in 2g or 3g areas...

in the second pic with 14 hours of standby time is the FIRST time i was able to make it thru a day at work 12 hrs + 1hr commute x2... without charging... granted, i had the 20% warning, and the 10% warning...
    08-19-2008 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD