Unsent Message Problem

rfw7

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
I have a "1 Unsent Message" showing at the bottom of my iPhone Inbox screen. When Mail is checked, the bottom of the screen also shows "Sending 1 of 1". There is no Outbox, which Apple says should be there if there is an unsent message. It appears there is a message hung up somewhere but I do not know how to find it and it does not appear in the Sent box.
Any guidance will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have a "1 Unsent Message" showing at the bottom of my iPhone Inbox screen. When Mail is checked, the bottom of the screen also shows "Sending 1 of 1". There is no Outbox, which Apple says should be there if there is an unsent message. It appears there is a message hung up somewhere but I do not know how to find it and it does not appear in the Sent box.
Thanks.

It should be in drafts at this point. Go to drafts click on the email and give it a minute, should send it. Hope this helps.

rfw7

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
Bad Ash and ktm97-
My email accounts only show Inbox, Sent, and Trash. How do I find my Draft and Outbox folders in the iPhone?
I did check the Sent folder and found that the missing message was not there.
Thanks.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Bad Ash and ktm97-
My email accounts only show Inbox, Sent, and Trash. How do I find my Draft and Outbox folders in the iPhone?
I did check the Sent folder and found that the missing message was not there.
Thanks.

What email are you currently using? Gmail, Yahoo, etc...?

rfw7

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
Bad Ash-
I am using two different POP accounts on the same server at WildBlue, each with a different alias. They both work normally on Outlook (Vista). I tried using a Yahoo account with an alias, but Yahoo admits to having problems getting that feature to work consistently on PDAs, although it worked fine on Outlook. I have also tried Gmail but found out that they do not provide for aliases. MobileMe doesn't do aliases either (surprising that they would leave that feature out). Hope this is what you wanted to know.
Your attention to this is very much appreciated.
Thanks!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm not sure about the others you mentioned but I can tell you MobileMe does in fact have the aliases feature you are looking for. Log into MobileMe.com and look under the email preferences. It is there. If this message is stuck under this WildBlue email account and you don't have a draft folder try removing the email account from the phone and then adding it back on. My guess it will disappear then. Hope some of this info helps you.

thebush1414

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I had same issue and got around it

I had two accounts on my mail and one was having a hang up with an "Unsent Message".

I just went into my mail options under the general settings and deactivated the account. I opened up the Mail and reloaded my first email and it did not show and unsent message.

I then reactivated the other account and reloaded my mail and the unsent message was no longer there.

Try that before deleting your email account and reinstalling it on your iphone.

Good luck

Liam

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Fix - works for me

Hello,

I had the same problem, I think.

I setup two accounts (one imap, one exchange). The second account wasn't actually working. After playing with some settings, I removed the second account (exchange server doesn't allow external access outside of vpn, boo).

Left with a pending sent message for the first account which won't go away.

Resolution:

Set draft box in advanced mail settings for mailbox to iPhone. Log into email account (pending message no longer there). Set draft box in advanced mail settings for mailbox to mailbox draft. Log into email (pending message no longer there). Resolved! :)

Hope this helps someone,

Liam

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Adding to what these guys said there should be the name of the account in the top left hand corner if you tap that it should take you to your folder list so you can scroll through and try to find Draft(Didn't know if you already tried that). Can you access the accounts through your computer? online form? like with gmail or yahoo? You may be able to clear the message from the que online should clear it on the phone.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
If you have the 60 day trial of MobileMe the you are correct you cannot do aliases. Only the paid acct can.

A delete and re-add of your email account should do the trick

wws

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
solved stuck unsent message problem

I had the same problem of an unsent message that would never get sent. Couldn't find it in my Drafts folder, and my Outbox was not exposed. From another forum I learned a way to expose my outbox, but it wasn't in there either. Some have suggested deleting the email account and re-adding it, but I was afraid I'd forget some configuration detail. So I just tried re-booting the iPhone. That worked!

Seems like this is an issue that Apple ought to address. There are many posts in many forums from people who are having the same problem, and it's clearly a bug.

nebs09

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
"Unsent Message"

I've done the suggestion I've found here with no effect. And it happens whatever mail account that is open (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc...) I'm concern that some wild program is mining my iPhone data bank and sending it somewhere.

I deleted all the email account at iPhone and went to my laptop to check if there is an unsent message there (in my Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc, There was none, No Outbox or any message in any folders whatsoever.) I have synched many times to no avail. I'm afrain to re-set my iPhone to the factory setting as I will lost all my customization settings.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Nebs

nebs09

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
SOLVED! "Unsent message"

Thanks for your immediate reply.

Out of frustrations, i went to Settings and did the following steps:

Go to --
1. Settings
2. Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Open an email account (ex. Yahoo)
4. at "Outgoing Mail Server" box -- tap SMTP
5. at "Other SMTP Servers" box -- turn of all the SMTP (in my settings, they were all in "Off" position.

Wallaaaaa! the ghost of the "Unsent message" went kaput, gone....

Hope this will help other frustrated soul like me...

Nebs:)

chatterboxweb

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
It Worked for me

One of my email accounts on my iphone would not send emails. Went into setting for email and turned on the outgoing servers and then they were sent.
Thanks for the tip

Lilone

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

I had the same problem I just turn off my iPhone and turn it back on again and it worked

bodisch84

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Go to your Mailbox where you attempted to send the message from.
If it was a reply email, open the email you were trying to reply to and hit the Folder with a Down Arrow on it to bring up your drafts.
At the top you should see a message that says something like, choose a new folder to move message too.
Tap the sent folder. The message should jump down there and send off.

Eveat Newton

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks.