Scenario-

Husband and Wife both have iPhones, and want to view eachother's calenders.

Well now this can be done easily with Google Calenders and NuevaSync - Over the Air Synchronization

First, create a google calender and invite your Wife or Husband to it, so he/she can see it from their calender in google.

Then go to NuevaSync - Over the Air Synchronization and both of you sign up for a free account.

Setup the sync on your iphones (calender only dont touch mail or contacts)

and from your iphones now when you make calender updates you will see them appear on the other iPhone within less then a MINUTE!!!!!

i have tested this out with a friend and both of us are doing it right now, I can make an event or something on my iPhones calender and it appears on her iPhones calender sometimes within seconds. Quickest i saw was 20 seconds.

Nice!!!!! =)
    Last edited by iPhoneMilk; 08-08-2008 at 11:27 AM.
    08-08-2008 11:20 AM
    awesome... i confirm this is quite what to expect...

https://www.nuevasync.com/PublicSite...setup-help.htm <--- is the URL of HOW to sync the calendars to your phone.. its setup as an exchange server...

now the downfall... it only sync's all the calendars as 1 calendar.. so no multiple calednars and pretty colors which i've come to love..
    08-08-2008 12:00 PM
    now the downfall... it only sync's all the calendars as 1 calendar.. so no multiple calednars and pretty colors which i've come to love..
    And that's why we need something official. Not a hack job.
    08-08-2008 12:19 PM
    No no no u guys

What they say on their site is wrong.

I have this setup and im using Multiple calenders with colors.

I still have my original iPhone calender and this as an additional calender.

When making new events i can choose which calender to add the event to. etc etc.

What they meant on their site was you can't do this method and have Multiple calenders using their METHOD, you would just need more then 1 account. if you want to use their method and have more calenders.

Go ahead make a free account and try it and see, you will still have multiple calenders with colors.
    08-08-2008 12:41 PM
    No no no u guys

When making new events i can choose which calender to add the event to. etc etc.

What they meant on their site was you can't do this method and have Multiple calenders using their METHOD, you would just need more then 1 account. if you want to use their method and have more calenders.

Go ahead make a free account and try it and see, you will still have multiple calenders with colors.
    If it works... I take back what I said.
    08-08-2008 01:44 PM
    Wow... this is what I've been waiting for!
    08-08-2008 03:38 PM
    No no no u guys

I tried this. Maybe I'm missing a step along the way, but here's what I see.

Originally I was syncing Outlook (exchange) at work with Google using CalGoo. I have multiple Outlook calendars (work, home) with appear in GCalendar separately (different colors) and was using iTunes to sync the iphone to the computer with Outlook on it. The iPhone displayed separate calendars with different colors. The only problem, of course, was lack of a shared family calendar.

I followed the setup instructions and all of the GCalendars do sync to the iPhone, as one calendar. There are no longer any other calendars on my iPhone, only one. Entries created on the iPhone go to the default GCalendar. Entries created in any GCalendar go the one calendar on the iphone.

Are you saying that I need separate Gmail accounts, one calendar per account, and separate Nueva accounts? (I haven't tried sharing with my wife yet until I get this part worked out)

How did you still have a separate iPhone calendar?
    08-10-2008 07:29 AM
    What I have noticed is that with this method you can only make it work if you have ONE google calender. If you want to do more then one calender (or if you have multiple calenders in google) it will not work, unless you create Multiple Nueva accounts, so yes you would need Multiple Gmails to achieve that.

This is pretty much an awesome solution for just one google calender it works perfectly, and yes on my iphone i have the option to switch between my iphones normal calender (built in default) and the new google/neuva calender.

I made this suggestion for let's say maybe a small business? or a couple Husband and wife, the ideal way to set this up would be to just make a BRAND new google/gmail account. call it, anything you want, the "US" account, and make a calender with it. Then share it to both of you. That would be the ideal setup.

I did try to do this with Multiple calenders in my Gmail and it seems that it was i guess using the default gmail calender on my account.
    08-11-2008 09:11 AM
    Hello iPhonemilk,

I tried your setup, but as soon as I configure my iPhone with the Nuevasync settings it warnes me and deletes all my other iCal calendars. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for your reaction.
    11-11-2008 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD