Why You like the iPhone Keyboard

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Probably my #1 reason is that i actually DON'T have to press a button. I'm coming from a crackberry and now i can have my iPhone laying on the table and casually type with only one finger! it's great! I don't miss that keyboard, or SureType typing the wrong letter...

What about you guys? Why do you love the keyboard?

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I love the keyboard. I myself am coming from a Crackberry. Although I will say that it took me about 1 week to fully master the 2 thumb typing without having to go back and correct. It really didnt matter to me what kinda keyboard it had, I WAS GETTING AN iphone 3g. I debated all last year about getting the 1st generation and didnt because I didnt want to go to AT&T. I'm happy with the phone, and the keyboard along with the other million things the iphone does.

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
thanks for your reply! I'm still geting the hang of typing as I've only had it for a day... Is there no spell check like on blackberry? Autocorrect is the best by the way...

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
are you kidding? I could type without looking on my Treo twice as fast on the iphone, it is one of many reasons I am thinking of dumping the iphone.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I can type faster on my Treo 700wx but I hate that phone & wm5. I actually gotten used to the iphone keyboard and like it a lot.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I can type faster on my Treo 700wx but I hate that phone & wm5. I actually gotten used to the iphone keyboard and like it a lot.

Me too! I like the iPhone's keyboard. Did anyone notice that the new iPhone 3G's virtual keys are smaller than the first gen's?

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Thats such a good call.. I assumed they would, but when I got the phone I noticed its only on the URL entry screen
Actually any field in the browser I think but I still agree. Third-party apps (Google app and 1Password) have managed it and also managed to make it so that you can rotate the phone with the keyboard displayed and the display (with the keyboard) will rotate (Safari won't do this - if you want the keyboard in landscape you need to rotate without it displayed and the pop it up). Functionality beyond what Apple has in its own apps seems to be in the SDK, the Apple guys just need to add it to their apps. That said, I'm getting pretty good at typing now even with keyboard in portrait mode :)

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm still fantasizing about a foldable bluetooth external keyboard to use with my iphone while at work. Someone's gotta come up with one eventually! I would actually considering leaving the laptop at home for good if I could get my hands on one of those.

MPKU

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Before my 3g I had a Razor and I couldn't text message more that a few words and it would take a very long time to do that. Since the 3g I can text, post and email very, very fast. I trust the auto correct and get almost no mistakes. If I do get a mistake it is very simple to correct.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
I like it because it takes skill to type on it fast. With the autocorrect I'm about as fast on the iphone keyboard as I am on a BB one.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I do about 3,500 texts a month now.

I was on a treo and also a blackberry before and I am a Texting freak.

It takes about 4 weeks to get used to the iPhone keyboard coming from the other Traditional button phones but once you get used to it and start using two fingers to type on the iPhone it is indeed WAY faster to type. I LOVE IT.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I definitely use to type faster without mistakes on my Curve 8330, but I can type just as fast on my iPhone with autocorrect.

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm coming from a CrackBerry like others in this thread and there's a learning curve. After only 4 days, I'm only a hair slower on the iPhone than I was on my Curve. I think the physical keyboard has an edge for some reasons, but to my surprise I am finding I prefer the iPhone keyboard because I don't have "BlackBerry thumb." Not having to physically press the keys means my thumbs don't hurt :)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I type faster than any device I've ever had. That is my number one reason.

My other is the language support. I get to speak to the ladies in different languages. Great stuff.

Nick9283

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
love auto correct and the fact that i don't have to worry about missing a letter as it will fix it fa majority of the time. also i don't have to deal with the buttons hurting my thumbs or messing up the buttons. not to fond of magnifier used to correct ware Ive missed a letter though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR