Why You like the iPhone Keyboard

McNooberson

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm very good with both, but it seems like a type out emails and such faster with the iphone. maybe its because i had a lot of experience using touchscreens on verizon before switching to a blackberry and then back to an iphone... but i would like to see some sort of vibration feedback when you hit a "button" like the LG Dare and LG Vu.

anon(536616)

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
Two main reasons.

1. When rotated to landscape, for me the iPhone keyboard works great and I can type fast.

2. Here's a big reason. When I had Treos, as great as the keyboards were, I invariably had a key or two wear out over time. Like the "P" key would stick or not work right. I like the iPhone because you never break a key. There are no keys, it's just flat glass. Love this feature. No moving keyboard parts means fewer keyboard hardware problems. This is a big plus.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't. I still prefer the real keyboard I had on my BlackBerry. I made much less mistakes on it.

could be the fact that you feel some loyalty to RIM as well.
at least that's how i was for a little while but now i cannot imagine going back.
i tried typing on my old blackberry the other day and its was odd.
just give it more time and you'll find that it really is easier and will make less mistakes than when you first started.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
could be the fact that you feel some loyalty to RIM as well.
at least that's how i was for a little while but now i cannot imagine going back.
i tried typing on my old blackberry the other day and its was odd.
just give it more time and you'll find that it really is easier and will make less mistakes than when you first started.

Thanks. Frankly speaking, I think the Blackberry just does email better and more reliably than the iPhone, but the iPhone beats the BB pretty much everywhere else. I still use a Curve 8900 as my work issued device, but hate to do anything on it other than email. As for the keyboard, I personally just find it hard to use a virtual keyboard, whether it is on my iPhone or my Garmin Nuvi. I just like pressing a real button. Imagine, for example if your desktop or laptop computer didn't have keys, but instead had a virtual keyboard.... it would be really hard to type in my opinion, but maybe that's just me. I like the tactile feedback.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, my iPhone does Exchange with Google just fine. I believe it's an ongoing myth that no other cell phone can handle email like the Blackberry. Btw, does it cost extra to set up Blackberry mail to push to your Blackberry? When I had mine, it was an extra fee every month to have your email pushed to it.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, my iPhone does Exchange with Google just fine. I believe it's an ongoing myth that no other cell phone can handle email like the Blackberry. Btw, does it cost extra to set up Blackberry mail to push to your Blackberry? When I had mine, it was an extra fee every month to have your email pushed to it.

No, it doesn't cost extra to have email pushed to Blackberry. What I've personally found is that even though I have Exchange w/ Google push set up as well as a Yahoo push account, the iPhone is inconsistent. Sometimes, the email gets pushed pretty fast to the iPhone, and sometimes it takes me having to open up the mail app before it registers emails coming in. Also, when you open the email account, it has to connect to the server to see any emails that you have in the folders. It seems as if there's no data connection, you won't be able to see anything, unlike the Blackberry where everything is sorta instant, and on the device already.

Also, with the Blackberry, all emails, regardless of what account it is (ie. Yahoo, Gmail, hotmail, aol, etc.), are instantly pushed to one unified Inbox, and I find that really efficient because you don't have to cycle from account to account to see what's in there, because it all goes into one Inbox in the Blackberry where you can quickly look at an email and reply to it from the account it came into. It's just faster. I'm not trying to bash the iPhone, it is really just my personal experience. I have both the iPhone and a Curve 8900, and the Blackberry is much more reliable when it comes to email and it is faster at it too. They have this part down.

Last edited:

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I think the problem lies on Google's side, since Push is not a phone feature, ya know.

Sorry. I don't agree. With the Blackberry, you get free push email on every email account (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol, etc), not just Yahoo or Gmail, and fetch everything else that you get with the iPhone. I have yahoo, gmail, hotmail, and aol accounts tied to my iPhone (and before with my BB), so that does matter to me. Yes, you can get it all pushed to you with a MobileMe account, but that costs extra, unlike with Blackberries. My Yahoo push, btw, is also slower to arrive and unreliable in comparison to the iPhone set up.

Again, I think iPhone is better in pretty much every other area, but BB has email down pat.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, I only have one primary email, which is yahoo. I use a hotmail, or Windows Live email, for my school. I wish Live would let you set up an imap account or something. Other than that, I'm strictly gmail. Plus, I think having a contraption with a screen as big as the iPhone is a pretty trade off for the email thing, which I happen to not agree with as being not as good as a blackberry.

anon(536616)

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
I've used the iPhone with Googl (mail) Exchange e-mail, and MobileMe as well as private IMAP accounts.

E-mail works fantastic. Push works great. I'd say it works as well or better than Chattermail on my Treo, and that's saying something.

karb0n

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I love how you have everything at one place, easily accessible, be it music, mail, phone, games, and pretty much apps for anything you could possibly wish to use the device for :D

If they only up the battery time while also making it able to use background processes (without jailbreaking, that is) there would be no chance I'd ever change to something else. (Though I guess I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, as it would have to be something really awesome!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2