Coming from a blackjack II with those hard keys I love the iPhone keyboard. I didn't have to apply any pressure to register a key. The only thing I DONT like is the spell checker. It needs to be better. They need to brough that google stuff.
    10-03-2009 12:54 AM
    Well for me, it's 10x better and responsive than my last phone (eternity) and you can get that long list of smiley's plus more for free from that one app (spell number).
    10-03-2009 03:10 AM
    For me its just the fact that the touchscreen aspect is so well done.

The sensitivity is perfect..
    10-03-2009 06:01 PM
    Love the keyboard on it... Ima girl so my nails are usually long... On my bberry it made it hard to type always messing up... Not the case with the iPhone.. Autocorrect is awesome.. I actually don't like the landscape view the keys are too spaced out for my taste so I never use it...
    10-03-2009 06:10 PM
    Very skeptical at first on how I would like the keyboard coming from a string of Blackberries and WinMo phones however after several days of using it I finally find myself being able to type as fast on it as I did on those phones.

The one draw back is the actual key but I'm with others in the fact that I have a little one who likes to play with my phone so its easier to clean!
    10-03-2009 06:10 PM
    I like the iPhone keyboard because you don't get a broken or stuck key. Always seemed to have this problem on my Treo. iPhone is just flat glass; no keys to break.
    10-05-2009 10:09 AM
    Love the keyboard on it... Ima girl so my nails are usually long... On my bberry it made it hard to type always messing up... Not the case with the iPhone.. Autocorrect is awesome.. I actually don't like the landscape view the keys are too spaced out for my taste so I never use it...
    I too like the portrait over the landscape. I just find it a lot easier and can type faster since the keys are close together and I have autocorrect for the mistakes.

I like the iPhone keyboard because you don't get a broken or stuck key. Always seemed to have this problem on my Treo. iPhone is just flat glass; no keys to break.
    Instead it's glass. Hehe.
    10-05-2009 02:32 PM
    I do like the keyboard on it for a touchscreen device. Beats the heck out of a
    Storm. I too don't use the landscape mode. It's just not practical for me.

However when it comes to typing on my Bold, there is no match.
    10-05-2009 02:58 PM
    I love the landscape...I can actually type faster on my iphone than any phone I've had before with a qwerty keyboard
    10-05-2009 03:00 PM
    I'm coming from a simple phone use so I've always used the phone keypad for texting major PITA. Then I got a Motorolla Ming, that was touch screen using a stylus. I loved it, got really used to the stylus and it was my most advanced phone for a long time. When I got the Iphone I didn't like the keyboard that much I was slow at it and my fingers kept hitting double keys or the wrong keys. It wasn't a killer frustrating thing, it would never make me even think of giving up the iPhone. After about a week I was fine, then I had to get a bunch of phones for my brother so had to test each one to make sure they worked. Well going back to using the phone keypad really was what clicked and made me realize how much I loved the Iphone keyboard and how much faster it was. Then one of the phones I got my brother was an LG Vu, people who complain about how small the Iphone keyboard is should use this phone. You can fit 2 or 3 of the Vu's keys into one Iphone key on the keyboard. They are microscopic. Then came the landscape keyboard and I'm in love, I love using it that way so much more. My GF hates landscape, she loves using the keyboard but portrait mode is her preferred method.
    10-06-2009 01:22 PM
    i like the keyboard but i have big fingers so sometimes i press more then one key when typing, its a PITA sometimes but overall im happy with it
    10-06-2009 02:07 PM
    I definitely prefer landscape mode while txting or sending an email. For short things like a FB Status update or a tweet it really doesn't matter if its portrait or landscape
    10-07-2009 10:06 AM
    Its super responsive! Love it.
    10-07-2009 07:32 PM
    touch keyboard are easy to get used to. i feel weird picking up a razr or my sis blackberry curve. i wish my laptop had a multi-touch keyboard sometimes...
    10-07-2009 11:54 PM
    i like the iPhone Keyboards a lot... bcoz iPhone analyzes keystrokes to suggest words as you type. iPhone uses a complete English dictionary to correct text, and it learns the words you type most often including proper names and information from your contacts list.
    It gives a full QWERTY keyboard and gives you keys for every number and symbol with just a few taps..... like this i can say a lot
    10-08-2009 03:27 AM
    OK So now that I'm sick I love the keyboard even more. I have an IV in myeft hand so to type I put my iPhone on my leg. Then type with my right hand, try that with a manual keyboard.  love the keyboard
    10-18-2009 11:53 AM
    Simply the best touchscreen keyboard.. the design with the letters coming up above your fingers was pretty slick.
    10-18-2009 12:02 PM
    ok now that i upgraded to the 3Gs, theres a hell of a difference with the keyboards and no lag whatsoever compared to the 2G...I SIMPLY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-18-2009 02:02 PM
    One word.......Auto-Correction!!

OK. Technically two but you know what I mean.
    10-18-2009 02:27 PM
    I can just coming from 2 treos and 3 htc phones getting used to a on screen keyboard was not easy but I like it now. BTW great forum here
    10-19-2009 07:19 AM
    The keyboard of iphone is just made for my fingers. I must say how I enjoy using it all the time. Typing in this keyboard is always easy and fast.
    10-19-2009 11:45 AM
    Coming from a Storm it would probably be that it's multitouch and keyboard is larger and spaced better for big fingers. I can type so much faster and much more accurately.
    10-19-2009 08:06 PM
    Wow. I love it because.
    10-19-2009 11:11 PM
    i don't. haha.

it's tolerable i suppose, but i'd rather have a physical keyboard.
    10-24-2009 10:06 PM
    I was actually holding off to get a BB Bold solely because I HATED the iPhone keyboard. (I am coming from a QWERTY keyboard). I went into my local Apple store and played with it several times for extended periods at a time and still couldn't bring myself to like it. However, at the time the Bold was not going to be released for awhile and I had to get a new phone immediately and I LOVED everything else about the iPhone.... just the stinkin' keyboard.

Now, however, I am a convert. I love the iPhone keyboard for several reasons.

1. My QWERTY keyboard was starting to go. The buttons would stick and some letters (particularly D and H) had to be hit several times HARD before they would respond. No problems like this for the iPhone for obvious reasons.

2. The Auto Correct on the Apple store's iPhone was a hot mess. After people using and abusing the thing it really didn't auto correct anything and would change words that I didn't want changed... it was frustrating to say the least. It is much different when it is your own phone. My slang is no longer auto corrected and everything else is. It is beautiful.

I do miss being able to look at the screen and type rather than having to stare at the keyboard... I am getting to the point where I don't have to completely stare at the keyboard as I type... rather I use my peripheral vision. Still, not quite as good as the touch-typing I had before.
    The iPhone has a qwerty keyboard, too. What's your point?
    10-25-2009 05:34 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD