Just a simple reminder that apps can be removed from the iPhone permanently by deleting them on the iPhone and in iTunes and selecting "Dont not transfer" when iTunes pops up to ask for a re-sync.

This has been driving me nuts as I've been trying to winnow out the lamer apps or ones I don't find myself using.

This is somewhat non-scientific, so if anyone has a better explanation, I'm all ears
    Last edited by kilsey; 07-28-2008 at 11:53 PM.
    07-28-2008 11:14 PM
    Or just delete the app you want gone from iTunes and when it syncs it will remove it from the iPhone.
    07-29-2008 12:28 AM
    See, I tried that and it re-synced. Only way I've been able to ensure removal is to delete on both. Weird.
    07-29-2008 12:51 AM
    I've found that I need to sync the iPhone, then delete the app, and then resync in order for it to disappear.
    07-29-2008 10:04 AM
    If you have windows are you selecting the "Send to the Recycle Bin" option when you delete? If you do not, it will keep syncing (at least it did with me). With a Mac you may have to find the file (all apps are stored together on Windows in one folder) and manually delete it.
    07-29-2008 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD