Ok..so the apple store near my house has been out of iPhones for a couple of days now. Shipments should be coming in tomorrow but I will be in michigan for the weekend with no chance to buy the phone.

I was wondering if it was possible for my mom to go to the store tomorrow and buy the phone for me since I am eligible for an upgrade.

But...

--Does my old phone need to be there?
    --Does she need to have my SIM card at least?
    --Or can she just buy it with nothing and I can keep my phone in Michigan until it deactivates? (The apple employee told me that my old phone will de-activate once the iPhone is activated).

Kind of need a quick repsonse, sorry for the rush guys. But I'm leaving in like 30 min and wondering if I should leave my phone with my mom for tomorrow!
    07-25-2008 10:31 PM
    No, she will not be able to buy it for you. Only the account holder can make changes to the account.
    07-25-2008 11:21 PM
    With Verizon you can put an authorized user on the account.. not sure about AT&T... you might want to call on that to find out. I was the authorized user on my parents account (with the port I put the account in my name) and I was able to upgrade no problem without the account holder there. Call AT&T to ask... then call the Apple store you are going to and ask if they have an issue with it.
    07-25-2008 11:33 PM
    In AT&T stores, you can have anyone with access (authorized user) do this. Apple may be different, but I would call Apple and ask them if they would be able to call AT&T while in store to verify that your mom is authorized... that's if they are unable to see if themselves at the Apple store.
    07-26-2008 01:09 AM
    Why don't you just buy your phone in Michigan? Doesn't matter where you the phone from, you can port your number over anywhere.
    07-27-2008 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD