So the first day I got my iphone, i tried to check my voicemail but the message i got was "I'm sorry, the person you have called has a voice mailbox that has not been set up yet. Good bye." I had to call my own number from my cell phone. when i press 1 on the keypad and call, i get an error message saying "Error performing request. No network service." My voicemail button under "phone" also does not do anything. I went to 3 stores and they all said they same thing, "call customer service" and when i did, they were also unable to fix my problem. People from the stores said it was a problem with my "visual voice mail" or something, but when i called customer service, they said that everything had already been set up. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

CN: My voicemail doesnt work.

EDIT -- I solved the problem. After some searching and googling, I found a resolution, well sorta. What you need to do is call 611, press 3 for voicemail work, and select "reset voicemail password." You will then recieve a text and will be able to access it through your iPhone.
    Last edited by Snafu; 07-28-2008 at 07:30 PM.
    07-25-2008 01:38 PM
    I was new to visual voicemial and didn't know I had to set up my voicemail through the phone itself. Did you go into Phone, then voicemail, then tap greeting and set that all up yet? with the iphone you don't need to call your number like you used to with whatever phone you had.
    07-25-2008 02:00 PM
    I had the same issue with my sons phone I had to call AT&T and they resolved it for me.
    07-25-2008 02:41 PM
    Yeah man.. sorry that is happening to you, but just be patient and call them again... someone will fix that for you. Sounds like you just had one bad tomatoe on the other end of the line.
    07-25-2008 03:18 PM
    I was new to visual voicemial and didn't know I had to set up my voicemail through the phone itself. Did you go into Phone, then voicemail, then tap greeting and set that all up yet? with the iphone you don't need to call your number like you used to with whatever phone you had.
    yeh, when i press that button, it doesnt do anything. it just highlights and sits there. it doesnt dial anything or change screens.

Yeah man.. sorry that is happening to you, but just be patient and call them again... someone will fix that for you. Sounds like you just had one bad tomatoe on the other end of the line.

ill try again. the lady said i need to call her from a seperate phone in order to trouble shoot...
    07-25-2008 05:57 PM
    ok well this is what happend. i called again and the lady said that the person that originally activated my iphone in the store did not enable the option. she said that i would need to go through itunes and activate it, but i have no idea of how to. anyone have any ideas?
    07-28-2008 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD