Synching with 2 different computers (PC)?

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Here is what I would like to do. Synch my iphone 3G with my home computer (for music, video, contacts) and also synch with my work computer (for calendar). My home computer runs Outlook 2007 and my work computer runs Outlook 2003. I am able to synch everything fine on my home computer. But when I try to synch up the calendar only on my work computer, it says that it is synching the calendar, but there is never any data on the calendar on my phone. Anyone know how to get this to work? Thanks.

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
OK. To get around my work computer issue, i exported the calendar to a PST file and then improted onto my home computer (where my contacts ar etoo). I can view the calendar fine on my home desktop running Vista and Office 2007. Now I synch, and still nothing on my iphone. I have checked sync calendars with outlook checked in itunes. Still nothing? any ideas? Contacts synch, but not the calendar.

-Scott

Last edited:

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
OK. To get around my work computer issue, i exported the calendar to a PST file and then improted onto my home computer (where my contacts ar etoo). I can view the calendar fine on my home desktop running Vista and Office 2007. Now I synch, and still nothing on my iphone. I have checked sync calendars with outlook checked in itunes. Still nothing? any ideas? Contacts synch, but not the calendar.

-Scott

How about downgrading your version of Outlook on your home computer to the 2003 edition?

cpbmd

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I have the same syncing problem with outlook 2003. entries made on the iPhone do not stay in outlook. I can see the entry until i move away from the page on the calendar after which the entry disappears. Entries made in outlook upload fine to the iPhone. Maybe I should upgrade to outlook 2007. Any suggestions.
cons

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
OK, I figured out the problem. Itunes/iphone is not compatible with Outlook's re-curring meeting features. I exported my work calendar to a CSV file (which transfers recurring meetings to several individual ones) and imported the CSV file to my home computer. It now synchs fine. I have to export a CSV each time I want to update, but at least I have a working version. Hopefully future revs of the software will allow for Outlook recurring meetings/appts. This is probably not practical for someone who relies on and uses their calendar constantly, but its a start. Hard to believe Apple hasnt figured this out yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR