What phone did you have before your iPhone?

stennett#IM

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
BB 8310
BB 9000

Had to buy Pocket Informant to get some of the functionality I had standard on the BB, but I'm enjoying this phone a lot more. It is just more fun.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I bought a blackberry storm2 on launch, i thought it was a phone of great potential...sadly I was mistaken.:(

So far so good with my iPhone 4 :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ I think its a pretty safe bet to place the BB Storm in the top 5 "Worst cell phones ever developed"...it was just an abortion of a phone, not to mention trying to use it for other things.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Blackberry storm to a HTC Touch Pro (Ugh,!) ... Landed on iPhone 3gs and never went back. Over the years I have owned every model of iPhone and love my 4!

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Storm 2 (had it for literally 2 weeks before I swapped it...couldn't stand the bugs)
Moto Droid

Went to the iPhone in July and I'm loving my 3GS. Would have gotten a 4 if they were available, but I'm very happy with what I have and I'm excited to see what they come out with in the future.

sigmamason

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Had a BB 9700, then 3GS, then iP4, then Captivate, now BB Torch, want to come back to iP4 if I could trade my 9800 for one...nothing against the Torch, but the iP4 fits my needs and usage better.

JRF_1986

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got my iP4 two days ago! I came from the BB Storm 9550. I am really enjoying the change except 2 main things I really missing from my old BB: push and FB calendar. My yahoo account doesn't push and Facebook rarely does; Facebook Calendar doesn't export to my GCalendar... my Storm would easily sync the FBCal to the BbCal. Other than that, it's a great device!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's crazy how many of you guys are coming from Blackberries. I've been using smartphones for over 7 years, but never owned a BB. I've never liked their UI.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
BB 8130 -> BB 9000 -> iPhone 3GS -> Nexus One -> iPhone 4

I don't see myself going back to a BB any time soon. I didn't mind the Android platform per se, but the Nexus One was a little light on internal memory and using an SD card was either a hassle (CM6), almost pointless (stock ROMs), or possibly dangerous (using old style A2SD on an extX partition). Not really overly impressed with the Nexus S to begin with. Add in that its 3G is only T-Mobile right now, and that's a no go for where I live. With the iPhone platform, I may not have an exapnsion slot, but all the internal memory (disk space) is available to me. That makes it pretty easy.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Not including the dumb phones I had over the years...

Palm Treo 650 (Loved it. A heavy brick, but my first smart phone so it will always have a soft place in my heart.)
Palm Treo 680
Palm Centro
Palm Pre (For a few days - Sprint was the deal-breaker here. No service at my house.)
Blackberry Bold 9000 (For a week - yech. After all the Palm years, I couldn't live without a touch screen.)
iPhone 3GS (Love it. Will take a serious game-changer for me to switch from the iPhone now.)

And it is interesting all the people coming from Blackberry. I have a Bold 9700 issued to me from my company. It's a capable business phone, but the interface and OS is archaic. RIM better refresh the OS soon... Too many people, even business users, are demanding better functionality.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73