What phone did you have before your iPhone?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Blackberry Tour for 28 days and 5 phones.....

After having the storm then the tour...those 2 units have led me down the worst phone experience of my life. It's obvious to me that RIM no longer strives to make quality phones.
Perhaps there problem is that they are doing phones and not a phone. I think that an Apple strength is that they have one solid platform on which to deliver a few products.

I am anxious to see the iPad and hope that it is a scaled up iPhone.

ddunham161

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Do not buy the Iphone if you drop things!

The Iphone is very fragile. I have had to replace it three times, each time it cost $200.00. I am clumsy. I dropped my Pearl and my Blackberry many many times with no problem so I had no idea that I should not get the Iphone for this reason.

Last time, I let some water get into it and another $200.00. My Pearl, I had dropped into the swimming pool with no problem.

Take this seriously. I wish I had.

My wife never drops things, but most of my guy friends with an Iphone are walking around with major cracks on the screen (they don't want to pay the $200). If you have a tendency to drop things, you will be sorry if you buy the Iphone.

Other than that, of course. It's a great phone.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
That's why my girlfriend won't get an iPhone, she's afraid she'll break it too often.

My sister has killed 2 iPhones, both dropped in toilets ( she has tendency to put them in the front middle pocket of her hoodie and it seems they aren't too safe there as they've slid right out.

VagrantHarmonist

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
dropped twice

Both times of course weren't my fault...one friend dropped it and one swiped it from my pocket (i have it in a holster) and my phone's still flawless due to the case i'm using. I have the showcase case that i got from the apple store. Its a great hardcase and i'd recommend it if you're having problems with clutziness. :) hope that will make dropping ur phone easier! ^.^

Iphonelostie

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I had a blackjack II then I bought a used iPhone I loved it
then I got a 3g in may for my birthday but it got stolen at
Disneyland lucky for me it was 23 days away from my upgrade
but those were the longest worst 23 days of my life
I just got the 3Gs 32gb on Sunday and I am complete once again

Lesley547

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
What phone

What I have now is a dead Motorola sleeping at the bottom of my purse. Am just wading into what to me is really terra incognita. I joined here to try to get a palpable sense of what this technology is all about before spending what could turn out to be a fair amount of money.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
What I have now is a dead Motorola sleeping at the bottom of my purse. Am just wading into what to me is really terra incognita. I joined here to try to get a palpable sense of what this technology is all about before spending what could turn out to be a fair amount of money.

Be sure that you compare true "cost to own" over contract life. One can usuall have the best phone for only pennies more.

One thing that makes comparing the iPhone to others is that one actually uses the iPhone, especially the data.

Ree

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I have had the BB Storm and then switch to the BB Pearl Flip with Verizon which I still have and dont want to let my Blackberry go but I just got my IPhone 3 days ago and got to get use to it but thus far Im loving it

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I have had the BB Storm and then switch to the BB Pearl Flip with Verizon which I still have and dont want to let my Blackberry go but I just got my IPhone 3 days ago and got to get use to it but thus far Im loving it

Blackberries are sometimes hard to let go of. Sometimes I miss BBM and PIN messaging people in other countries for free, but I just use e-mail or IM now.

I kept my Bold around for a bit, but eventually sold it. I may eventually get another BB if I ever miss it terribly, but I'm pretty sure my iPhone will remain my main phone for a long time. :)

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
HTC Touch, which was light years behind the iPhone! From the touchscreen to the software (WM :'( ) the iPhone out shines it easily.

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I had the BB Storm and don't miss it one bit! Have not had to do a battery pull or hard reboot for a month now!! Don't have to sit around and wait for a beta OS release or for the never coming "Gold Code" just so it will run "the way it is supposed to run"!! I can see myself having this iPhone for awhile to come!!! :D

Unlocked iPhones

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
HTC Touch - more specifically, the HTC Touch Vogue on a $7/month unlimited data plan (on device)... with Bell Mobility in Canada. The data plan was simply too hot to pass by, and the HTC Touch Vogue was pretty cutting edge. It is still most usable (and almost a whole new device) running Windows Mobile 6.5.

As I mentioned in another thread, WinMo devices hold their own against the iPhone (3G) for different reasons.

UI Guru

slimcjr

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
I have the Samsung Omnia on Verizon. While it is a nice phone, the battery life is horrible. I believe it is because it is a Windows Mobile device. I will be switching to an iPhone soon. Goodbye, Verizon!

Dubster16v

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
i had the Nokia N95, i was due the upgrade but on Vodafone, i upgraded to the Blackberry Storm but that lasted 3 days before i took it back to the shop, i got the N96 kept the box sealed and sold it, then with the proceeds and a little bit more i bought the iPhone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2