What phone did you have before your iPhone?

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Had a Treo 680 until day 1 of iPhone 3G availability. I had a Handspring Visor, Treo 180, Treo 600, then finally the Treo 680, and Palm OS barely changed in all that time. They added color, improved resolution slightly, and added the phone software. That's all. Every single Palm device I owned had that same creaky plasticky construction. And I hear that's the case with the Pre and Pixi.

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
what i've noticed is that most phones try and emulate the iPhone and what it does. The term iPhone killer is thrown around quite liberally. What these people don't realize is that there's only one iPhone and i've never used a smartphone with the stability and performance of an iPhone yet. I'm not sure that we'll ever get one either.....

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Was a Crackberry addict and had 3 blackberrys. Sooooooo glad i took down my pride and finally got the iPhone 4. Geez, how much more awesome it is and the Os is sooooo much smoother. Never going back to Blackberry, ever. And i NEVER thought id say that.

GBraddock81

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Some crappy windows phone

i dont even remember the model number for that crappy phone i had but it was horrible, it froze all the time... let me see if i can find a photo.

Found it, this phone was HORRIBLE!

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPhone 3 but lost it and couldn't justify paying for another one when the iPhone 4 was just around the corner. So I bought a Blackberry 9700 to get me through in between. It was a good phone, but didn't satisfy my iPhone addiction.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
Before my current i4, I had the 3GS, before that I had the 3G, before that I had a Blackberry 9000 for a few months, and a BB 8320 before that. Sometime during the 3G and 3GS period, I also had a Nokia E72. Before those I had regular feature phones, my personal favorites among those were the Nokia 8800 and the Motorola V70. The Nokia 8800 had worse than 3GS battery life, but it was sooooo nice.

Last edited:

treoprouser13

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Palm Pre. Great operating system but the phone was built so cheaply that it would start falling apart with regular use. The slider would always go bad, I went through 8, yes, 8 Palm Pres. All had factory defect issues.

The last straw was when my Pre started dying and Sprint said it was indeed another another factory defect but they could not replace it because of corrosion. From water? "No" said the store tech. It could be that I was walking around with it on a hot day or maybe it was humid outside but is was not from water. When pressed he could not tell me what the corrosion came from. It was a refurb and he pointed out things that were already there when I got the replacement saying it was damage. All Pre refurbs seem to look like they were used as hockey pucks and that was it for me.

Goodbye Sprint/Pre, hello iPhone. No regrets. Love it.

Last edited:

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Nokia 6190 --> Nokia 8210 --> Moto V60 --> Moto Razr --> Moto Slvr --> iPhone 2G --> iPhone 3G --> iPhone 3GS --> iPhone4

:)

Exechobo

Sep 25, 2010
exechobo.com
My Previous Hardware

I last used a BB 8310. It was great. I loved it. But of course, tweets and emails contain links, and clicking a link in a BB is a sure way to go insane. Then I found the camera and various business apps that are better than in the BB.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro