suggestion feature while typing?

BayBoss05

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
i use my phone for texting alot and when i text i hate it when im typing and it starts suggestions words and me typing fast dont notice its changing words and when i look 2 read wat i wrote its way differnt then wat i wanted 2 write

does anyone know how to turn that suggestion thing off?
i hate it!:mad:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No but you can do this... If you are writing something and the iPhone flags a word as misspelled that you know is not misspelled, cancel the correction 3 times and the word will be put into the dictionary.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ya this happens to me alot too especially cuss words.:DI however and starting to like it somewhat because it can finish a word for me and it can make things faster. I still do get annoyed when I send it with out reading it and I see the spell checker changed a word I did not want.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I love that feature. I don't even have to pay attention to what I'm typing. I can press in the vicinity of a letter, and BLAM, it auto-corrects. It makes long emails less painful.

trevor#IM

Jul 14, 2008
www.crackberry.com
I agree, it can be annoying sometimes, but for the most part it is very helpful and its benefits outweigh the downfalls in my opinion.

One thing that annoys me is hell changes to he'll. I never type he'll. I wish I could edit the dictionary myself like I could on my blackberry.