Instead of the EDGE network symbol, I see a square with a hole in it

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm currently away from my home where there isn't that much coverage. I noticed that the EDGE symbol turns into a square with a hole in it. Does anyone know what that means? Does it mean that I'm roaming?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hi everyone,
I'm currently away from my home where there isn't that much coverage. I noticed that the EDGE symbol turns into a square with a hole in it. Does anyone know what that means? Does it mean that I'm roaming?

More or less... yes on the data side of things.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
A missed call or voice mail. Usually it will have a number in that red circle but I know with my girlfriends iPhone on Tmobile hers just pops up with a red circle and no number. I think that's because she does not have visual voicemail. Have you set voicemail up yet?

Yes it is set up. It said something about not being able to use visual voicemail.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
More or less... yes on the data side of things.
When I had my first gen it never did that. Here at my aunts house I had more bars with my old gen too. I don't have 3G on, because 3G is only available in some areas. I don't know what it is. I'm thinkin about restoring it and if that doesn't work I'm going to take it to the Apple store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner