Can't delete pics!

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
The pictures that I took with my camera I can delete those. However I decided to play around with synching photos to see how it works. I accidentally synched the same photos twice. I now want to delete them and there is no trash can anywhere! There is no option to delete! What's up with that?:confused:

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
u need to tap the picture one time this will bring up a bar at the bottom of the picture and there is a little trash can on the bottom right of that bar tap that and you will delete your picture.

hope this helps

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You can not delete synced photos. You have to do it on your PC/Mac. You can only delete camera roll photos from the iPhone itself.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
You guys are right! I found out how to delete from the PC. Boy to think I was freaking out like the phone broke. :D

Aberdeen1948

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same problem as 3guser, but haven't managed to "see" the photo folder from my PC, and therefore can't delete it.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help. Too bad no trash can was included for imported pictures!

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I am having the same problem as 3guser, but haven't managed to "see" the photo folder from my PC, and therefore can't delete it.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help. Too bad no trash can was included for imported pictures!

If it's syncing to your iPhone, connect the iPhone to your PC then go to the Photos section of iTunes to see which folders are being sync'd. You can then track it down on your PC.

Aberdeen1948

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
After syncing with my computer -- Under devices (my iPhone) there is no section called photos. Under "Library" there is no such section either.

Where can I find it?

Aberdeen1948

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Weird. I am not sure how I did it myself, but inside itunes I found a page with tabs entitled "summary,info,ringtones,music,photos,podcasts,video,applications"

When you remove the marking from the folder you chose and then choose "sync" it will ask you if you want to remove the previously copied pics. Problem solved.

I documented this to save someone else from getting (more) grey hair over this issue.

megaberl

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
deleting photos

In iTunes under Device, go to your iphone. Select the Photos section, then un-click Sync Photos From.... That will remove the extra albums. Or go to the folders on your computer that iTunes is set to sync with and delete the photos from there.

Lisa Grady

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
You have to hook your phone up to the computer. Next find the photos on your computer and delete them. After doing that sync your phone. Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2