Hey all im new here!
    Is anyone having any problems since downloading the new 2.0 software onto their iphone?! i have an 8GB, and its been sluggish and it overheated this morning. I still have like 6gigs on it, because i don't use a lot of music or other apps, anyone have any similar problems or possibly a solution?
    07-12-2008 06:58 PM
    I haven't had any overheating issues. The phone does get "hot" if you use any 2.0 app, but that same thing happened to me if I watched a lot of videos. I think it has to do with having the screen on all of the time.

But...

This is what happened when I upgraded my original iPhone to 2.0 software system software.

1. The first update to 2.0 did not go well. 2.0 was on the phone but all of my music lists and data were not there.
    2. I restored the iPhone and ran the 2.0 update again.
    3. My music, videos, contacts, Safari bookmarks did some over to the phone.
    4. The following did not pull over these things that I added... Weather locations, Stock companies, all Settings gone, !!! all notes gone !!!; all bookmarks I added to the home screen, alarm Clock settings. (PS: Does anyone know how to get any of theis data back?)

I have sworn at my iPhone over that past few days.

Anyone else lose any data?
    07-15-2008 10:34 AM
    I haven't had any overheating issues. The phone does get "hot" if you use any 2.0 app, but that same thing happened to me if I watched a lot of videos. I think it has to do with having the screen on all of the time.

But...

This is what happened when I upgraded my original iPhone to 2.0 software system software.

1. The first update to 2.0 did not go well. 2.0 was on the phone but all of my music lists and data were not there.
    2. I restored the iPhone and ran the 2.0 update again.
    3. My music, videos, contacts, Safari bookmarks did some over to the phone.
    4. The following did not pull over these things that I added... Weather locations, Stock companies, all Settings gone, !!! all notes gone !!!; all bookmarks I added to the home screen, alarm Clock settings. (PS: Does anyone know how to get any of theis data back?)

I have sworn at my iPhone over that past few days.

Anyone else lose any data?
    Was the data still on your iPhone after you did the first update? If it wasn't, then it must not have been restored during the first update, for whatever reason. I had to exchange my first 3G phone due to a display going blank problem, and when I got my second phone, it restored all my data (applications, music, contacts, etc.) from my first phone. It did that as part of the initial setup. Then I upgraded the iPhone software from version 2.0 (5A345) to version 2.0 (5A347), and it saved everything as a part of the restore function.

What went wrong with the first 2.0 upgrade that made you need to reinstall it the second time?

07-16-2008 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD