Any current AT&T customers/non 1st Gen owners turned away at Apple Store?

Ahambone

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone shares this same experience.

I waited on line for 2.5 hours at the Apple Store in Santa Monica, CA, only to be told after waiting that long that something was going on with their computer system, and any current AT&T customer who did NOT own the 1st Gen iPhone had to go to AT&T to purchase their phone.

Of course, by the time those of us who were turned away learned this, they were well sold out at all of the AT&T stores. So...no iPhone for me right now. I may call the Apple Store later to see if things are fixed (and to see if they still have stock in).

Anyone else go through this today?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I waited 3 hours in line and my att store only had 40 phones in stock. I showed up at 6am and I got one. When I reached the door there were only 10 left. While I was waiting in line a rep came out talking about a glitch with apple and activatiing. Att said I had to take the phone home and activate by itunes. I tried and nothing. I waited an hour and bingo I got it. However I could not synch anything. Not sure if its been fixed yet and I can synch. I love this phone! Oh ya that part about no cash payments was a bunch of BS. They asked if I wanted to pay by cash or credit.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Yea today there were having problems because everyone was logging into their system to setup the iPhone. I can imagine, every Apple store opening at 8 A.M., everything got bogged down. I had to leave and activate at home. Still when I went home it was having problems.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I waited 3 hours in line and my att store only had 40 phones in stock. I showed up at 6am and I got one. When I reached the door there were only 10 left. While I was waiting in line a rep came out talking about a glitch with apple and activatiing. Att said I had to take the phone home and activate by itunes. I tried and nothing. I waited an hour and bingo I got it. However I could not synch anything. Not sure if its been fixed yet and I can synch. I love this phone! Oh ya that part about no cash payments was a bunch of BS. They asked if I wanted to pay by cash or credit.

40 phones in stock? Really? That ridiculous. There should be more than that are the Apple store. Was there a huge line?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
40 phones in stock? Really? That ridiculous. There should be more than that are the Apple store. Was there a huge line?

I was number 30 at 6 am. I walked out with the phone at 10:15 am and the line got even bigger! More like 100 plus people. I thought it was nuts too. My dad showed up and asked me and when I said 40 he went :eek:. I thought they would have had at least 120.

michi_love

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
Wasn't turned away today!! YAY! I got to my nearest AT&T store at around 630 am today (store opened at 10am) and I was 8th in line. There were only 40 phones shipped to this store as well... (is that the magic number for iPhone shipments? seems like it). However, the lady who rung me up did mention that I was the her first customer who wasn't eligible for an upgrade.

Ahambone

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
I also was successful in snagging an iPhone today. Got to my local AT&T Store at 7:45am. The store opened at 9am, and I was about 40th in line. My store got 110 phones in, and the line moved very swiftly- I left at 9:51am.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73