View Poll Results: Does your new iPhone have a yellow tint?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... and it is STRONG!

0 0%
  • Yes... but it is like Beer Pee... slightly watered down.

4 22.22%
  • No.

14 77.78%
    I was reading on another forum that the new iPhone has a yellow tint to it, especially compared with the original iPhone. Does yours?

Image from MacRumors
    Last edited by h22kai; 07-11-2008 at 11:20 AM.
    07-11-2008 11:18 AM
    Mine is clear as day... no yellow. Could not be happier!
    07-11-2008 01:26 PM
    I'm holding my phone up beside the pic, it's exactly like the right pic.
    07-11-2008 04:39 PM
    Mine looks great too.
    07-11-2008 04:59 PM
    If I look at mine dead on, it is okay.

If I angle mine at about 45 degree (from both a vertical and horizontal axis) then I see a yellow tinge.

Chris
    07-11-2008 05:53 PM
    looks good to me on mine.
    07-11-2008 06:09 PM
    Mine doesn't look yellow. Maybe they got a messed up iPhone. I hope they can get it replaced if there are several like that.
    07-11-2008 06:15 PM
    Mine looks clear as day as well!!! Im sooooo happy! Wish I could synch. I guess apple has had trouble with itunes today. Not sure if that is fixed yet...I had to manually add my contacts. Boy that took awhile.
    07-11-2008 06:21 PM
    I just looked at my camera roll, that I backed up from my previous iPhone, on the new iPhone 3G and realized something. The colors were a lot richer. More vibrant! Did anyone else notice this? Everything just pops... I love it!
    07-11-2008 06:22 PM
    Now that I think about it mine does look yellow. For example if you take a look at notepad... mine is like this mustard yellow color. I actually kinda like it. With me, my eyes are really sensitive to light, so a super bright screen but not so white feels pretty good on my eyes.
    07-11-2008 06:36 PM
    the screen is beautiful, I have a small dead pixel, most of the time I don't notice it, do alot of them come this way or should I take it back and get another
    07-11-2008 06:43 PM
    the screen is beautiful, I have a small dead pixel, most of the time I don't notice it, do alot of them come this way or should I take it back and get another
    Actually I heard Bad Ash talk about how that happened to him. He took he's back and they gave him a new one, but the next gig higher. Did you get the 8GB? You might get it replaced with a 16GB because of the dead pixel.
    07-11-2008 06:54 PM
    Actually I heard Bad Ash talk about how that happened to him. He took he's back and they gave him a new one, but the next gig higher. Did you get the 8GB? You might get it replaced with a 16GB because of the dead pixel.
    no I got a 16 gig, I'm gonna wait til sunday after the crowds die down to go back, I wish I had noticed it there
    07-11-2008 07:13 PM
    no I got a 16 gig, I'm gonna wait til sunday after the crowds die down to go back, I wish I had noticed it there
    Ya me too. I think they should replace your phone and give you a case or an Apple gift card.
    07-11-2008 07:17 PM
    Ya me too. I think they should replace your phone and give you a case or an Apple gift card.
    that would be nice, i wanted to get a case this morning but they were all to busy to help, understandable so I was gonna get one from att but I guess I'll just get one from the apple store on sunday
    07-11-2008 07:30 PM
    Mine too is like the picture in the first posting. Slightly yellow, hadn't noticed that before. However, it is 'brighter' than the 1.0 iPhone at the same brightness level.
    07-12-2008 11:36 AM
    Here ya go... you just need to update the firmware:

iPhone Yellow Screen Issue Fix! - Mac Forums
    Someone please sticky this or something, I had to make this post outside of that Larger Yellow Screen thread because I dont think anyone is Actually discussing the solution.

Here is the solution, pretty easy, Just might take a little bit depending on how big your iphone Data (music and vids etc etc) is.

Ok So! you're getting the Yellow Hint? I was as well.

I compared them both side by side, and mine was in fact more yellow then the original. Go to your Settings and you will notice that your firmware will be (5A345)

Just plug in your iphone to Itunes, then Run the "RESTORE" and it will update to the newer firmware (5A347)

When i got back in, the yellow Hew, Hint or whatever you want to call it, was gone.
    07-12-2008 04:45 PM
    they just gave me a new one, I'm happy with that
    07-12-2008 09:30 PM
    It's *supposed* to be yellower, according to Apple. We posted about it on the blog, but here's the Engadget link (check out the update):

iPhone 3G and firmware 2.0: the day after - Engadget

Apple says they made it brighter and "warmer" (yellower) for better color and deeper blacks.

I can tell the difference only when they're side-by-side. Brian hates it
    07-12-2008 10:37 PM
    Mine looks great, I think the auto brightness also can mess with how your screen looks.
    I loaded a movie on and was getting the negative blacks (the horror came back from remember my iPod touch fiasco), but I had put the brightness all the way up and turned auto brightness on. So I lowered the brightness about half way and put auto brightness on and was AMAZED at how much of a difference there was.
    07-13-2008 02:36 AM
    I got 2 small dead pixel towards the bottom of the screen. It's not noticeable on the home screen but when I watch a 4:3 video with black bars on the side, I can see the 2 dead pixels. So if I bring it back they will exchange a new one for me? What would you guys do?
    Last edited by manho1dup; 07-13-2008 at 06:21 AM.
    07-13-2008 05:59 AM
    I am a photographer and I hate warm lenses. I spent several hundred dollars on a new lens because everything the old one shot turned out too yellow. I foresee this being a problem for me. Most people probably won't notice though.
    07-13-2008 12:38 PM
    I got 2 small dead pixel towards the bottom of the screen. It's not noticeable on the home screen but when I watch a 4:3 video with black bars on the side, I can see the 2 dead pixels. So if I bring it back they will exchange a new one for me? What would you guys do?
    take it back, they gave me a new one
    07-13-2008 01:03 PM
    I just read this comment on macRumors:

I have two iPhone 3Gs to compare. One of them is yellow, the other isn't. Restoring both of them did nothing whatsoever.

I really do think there are some iPhone 3Gs that aren't yellow.
    07-13-2008 01:28 PM
    I had 2 dead pixels as well, and I exchanged without a problem. Don't live with it no matter how small, take it back and get one that doesn't have any.
    07-13-2008 02:25 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD