iPhone Yellow Screen

Does your new iPhone have a yellow tint?

• Yes... and it is STRONG!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes... but it is like Beer Pee... slightly watered down.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No.

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I got 2 small dead pixel towards the bottom of the screen. It's not noticeable on the home screen but when I watch a 4:3 video with black bars on the side, I can see the 2 dead pixels. So if I bring it back they will exchange a new one for me? What would you guys do?

Last edited:

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I am a photographer and I hate warm lenses. I spent several hundred dollars on a new lens because everything the old one shot turned out too yellow. I foresee this being a problem for me. Most people probably won't notice though.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I got 2 small dead pixel towards the bottom of the screen. It's not noticeable on the home screen but when I watch a 4:3 video with black bars on the side, I can see the 2 dead pixels. So if I bring it back they will exchange a new one for me? What would you guys do?

take it back, they gave me a new one

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I just read this comment on macRumors:

I have two iPhone 3Gs to compare. One of them is yellow, the other isn't. Restoring both of them did nothing whatsoever.

I really do think there are some iPhone 3Gs that aren't yellow.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I had 2 dead pixels as well, and I exchanged without a problem. Don't live with it no matter how small, take it back and get one that doesn't have any.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I had 2 dead pixels as well, and I exchanged without a problem. Don't live with it no matter how small, take it back and get one that doesn't have any.

Oh this thread is bringing back bad memories for me... I had to exchange like 3 phones in a row due to dead pixels... what I nightmare. The 3g was all good for me though. Guess I got lucky.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
take it back, they gave me a new one

I am taking it back tomorrow, I called them today and they told me to make an appointment with the Genius Bar. Made my appointment for noon tomorrow and will be getting a new one. I also checked stock tonight and it shows they have them in stock.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
dloveprod, did they give you a new phone in a white box, right? It's just a spare phone, but it's new? They didn't give a brand new one in a new box, they went got one in a smaller white box.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
dloveprod, did they give you a new phone in a white box, right? It's just a spare phone, but it's new? They didn't give a brand new one in a new box, they went got one in a smaller white box.

they gave me one out a brand new box, I don't think they had any replacements in the white boxes in stock yet

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro