Anyone worried they won't be able to get an iPhone on Friday?

emceechad

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
If anyone shares the same optimism as I do, please post here. I live in Hawaii and am totally skeptic if I'll be able to run to the AT&T and get one on Friday, what about you guys? Anyone have calming points?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I am a little worried only because I'm going around 1:30-2PM. The lines this year, I predict, will not be as crazy as the original iPhone launch. I think the reasons of being smaller lines than last year are people already happy with the first gen model, the total mess which is the in-store activation, and launch being on a weekday (people do have to work). I'm hoping the small madness (I live in New Hampshire, so not a lot of people hopefully) will be gone by the afternoon. Also I think Apple will have a lot more in stock this time around because they know how hectic it was last year.

Last edited:

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm not overly worried, but that's mostly because I've pretty much resigned myself to a plan that, if I cannot get it by walking right into a store (that is, not waiting behind more than two or three people) I'm turning around and coming back Saturday morning. I am looking forward to reading the forum reports Friday though, about what people are experiencing around the country.

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Not worried at all. Still in a Verizon contract. Good side, don't have to deal with the chaotic mess from all the fanboys(and girls). Bad side, I gotta wait, oh well.

michi_love

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I'm a little worried but I think it could go either way with the lines and what not. People are saying b/c of the dropped price, the 3G and the GPS that all those fence-sitters are going to flock to this model but then on the other hand, I've heard people saying that those aren't big enough reasons to upgrade. I can't get one on Friday then waiting till Saturday, though it will suck, is what I'll have to do.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Not worried at all. I plan on going around 12:00-1:00pm to an Apple store to pick one up, I plan on just walking in (maybe wait behind a few people) and just buying one, no camping. I am pretty sure that Apple will have ample stock to meet demands. I especially don't think it will sell out on launch day seeing as iPhone 2G had a huge launch and it didn't sell out. Also, I think a lot of the people were on the fence about switching from iPhone 2G is going to hold off until the crowd and lines have died down or they are not switching at all because of the additional data rates. We won't know for sure until Friday.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I don't think this release is going to be as popular as the first amongst the masses, they should have added mms and video recording, I'm not worried

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Living in an "old person town" in Florida, I doubt they will sell out. But if they do, I will just try again later.

Chris

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
im just worried now with all these limitations. Im more worried about goign to one store, waiting in line, and then finding out i have to go some where else. I want a white iphone. i have to find one.

Kahne91123

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I hope i can get one. I am a current BB user and I cant wait to get one. The guy in the store here said there shouldent be a problom. I hope i will not be dissapointed.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
im just worried now with all these limitations. Im more worried about goign to one store, waiting in line, and then finding out i have to go some where else. I want a white iphone. i have to find one.

Go to a Apple store if possible. I wouldn't worry about it. Like i've said a million times, this will not even be close to the first launch last year. And the next thing is this is launching at 8am. Not at night when everyone is off of work. Only certain die hards will be taking the day off of work...

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Last year the line wasn't too bad at the store I'm going to, but I think traffic over there has increased. The overall state of the economy should help ebb high, early demand. At least that's what I'm hoping.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm a little worried. But I don't think the lines will be as bad as last gen's launch. I'm going to check my local Apple store to see if any lines have started.

Last edited:

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
i realllllyyy wanna come into work late tomorrow. But ill likely go during lunch and wait on the line for about an hour and hopefully walk out with one. maybe they'll deal wiht most of teh campers between 8 adn 12

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Everyone should stop and think about this for a minute, outside of our little world (Being TheiPhoneBlog and some other iPhone sites), there really is no buzz for the iPhone here in the USA. At least no where close to last year. And last year they closed the stores until 6pm. Which is a big factor in creating big lines in the smaller cities. Sure I can see the New York, Chicago, etc stores having a line but burb stores... I doubt it. I really don't see anyone having issues getting a phone tomorrow. Unless you can't get to a store.

HawaiiMacAddict

Jun 27, 2008
home.hawaii.rr.com
Aloha everyone,

I am also "stuck" out here in Hawaii - it's only 0734 (7:34AM) and I have to work a full day before I can go to my local Apple Store to get my iPhone 3G :( The thought of going to an AT&T store never even entered my mind, not only for the fact that they most certainly will not have any stock by the time I can get there, but also due to the lack of any ambience, such as is experienced at the Apple Store.

I'm hoping that other people here have read about the massive activation issues and long wait, therefore making the decision to just wait until tomorrow. If that is the case, I'll get a chance to actually pick up a white iPhone 3G when I get to the Ala Moana Apple Store around 1900 (7:00PM) tonight :D

I really hope that they still have some stock left, but what with them opening as early as they are, and me not being able to get there until 11 hours later, ... Oh well, I'm an eternal optimist on some things, and this is definitely one of them.

HawaiiMacAddict

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73