445pm. Download servers still unavailable.
    07-11-2008 04:44 PM
    Well i went to the store today as soon as i could after work and they were out. But i did order it. they said it will take 7-10 days. I hope it doesnt take that long
    07-11-2008 04:50 PM
    Well i went to the store today as soon as i could after work and they were out. But i did order it. they said it will take 7-10 days. I hope it doesnt take that long
    I hope so too. The security freeze goes back on my credit record at midnight on the 14th.
    07-11-2008 05:15 PM
    445pm. Download servers still unavailable.
    Well, it is 515. Servers are now available. About 15 minutes ago, my all but dead iPhone lit up and started to do a restore. Apparently 7.7 had taken all day to download 2.0 but it had never stopped trying. Because it already had a connection to the iStore server, it would not let me start any others. I stopped and started the application and the iPhone eight or ten times during the day and it just kept trying to do its thing.

At one level I am not surprised. My experience with iTunes is that it is much more robust than most other applications but sometimes less than transparent. It was doing its thing correctly all day but I could not tell what it was doing. When I tried to download anything else from the store, instead of telling me that it was already busy downloading something, it said "connection timed out." It was doing the right thing but reporting wrong.
    07-11-2008 05:38 PM
    I got mine after 3 hours in line and 10 phones left after me. The reps told me to active it at home....well I did not know I needed 7.7 or knew it was out so it took more than an hour to get it. I was finally able to activate but I could not synch. Maybe I can know I don't know.
    07-11-2008 06:25 PM
    Does anyone know the phones still available at apple store?
    07-11-2008 08:10 PM
    WOW! Got back from the mall about a hour ago. The line at the Apple store was STILL a good 300-400 people deep. They must have had a BUNCH of iPhones to have sold from morning until now and still have avaliability. Tried to go in and find a case (there was a seperate and MUCH shorter line if you weren't buying a iPhone. Cases pretty much gone (except the goofy stuff)
    07-11-2008 10:02 PM
    No luck in Oahu. **** People
    07-11-2008 11:08 PM
    I wasn't worried that I wasn't going to get an iPhone today and look what happened *waaaaaahhh* I am going to roll out of bed tomorrow and wait in line again... I think my store sold out in like 3-4 hours... NOT cool.
    07-11-2008 11:20 PM
    I wasn't worried that I wasn't going to get an iPhone today and look what happened *waaaaaahhh* I am going to roll out of bed tomorrow and wait in line again... I think my store sold out in like 3-4 hours... NOT cool.
    My att had only 40! I got number 30!
    07-11-2008 11:31 PM
    Well, I was flat wrong. Our local AT&T (Apple store is 300+ miles away) was sold out by 10:30 - this kinda sucks, but at least I have my 2.0 upgraded iPhone to keep me company. Still, this does seem to be a gross miscalculation of demand, and add that to the great handling of three simultaneous launches - priceless
    07-11-2008 11:37 PM
    Well, I was flat wrong. Our local AT&T (Apple store is 300+ miles away) was sold out by 10:30 - this kinda sucks, but at least I have my 2.0 upgraded iPhone to keep me company. Still, this does seem to be a gross miscalculation of demand, and add that to the great handling of three simultaneous launches - priceless
    Even thought I got one and its my first one I do feel you pain. Everything that was said on here from supply to payment methods was wrong or miscalculated.
    07-11-2008 11:44 PM
    Aloha everyone,

I finally got here just after 7pm- my wife actually saved a place for me in line. There are about 200 people still in line here in Hawaii. I hope they have the 16GB white iPhone 3G- otherwise I'll have to wait in line all over again.

HawaiiMacAddict
    07-12-2008 01:48 AM
    Aloha everyone,

I finally got here just after 7pm- my wife actually saved a place for me in line. There are about 200 people still in line here in Hawaii. I hope they have the 16GB white iPhone 3G- otherwise I'll have to wait in line all over again.

HawaiiMacAddict
    Dude, we should have met up, haha. I'm a failure for today. I hope you actually get one brah.
    07-12-2008 02:27 AM
    I am not worry about supply running out but I'm more worried about the lines. Those lines are ridiculously long. I was 5th in line when they decided to close and told everyone that the network was down so they took down everyone's name and said we can come back tomorrow anytime and don't have to wait in line. I will be there at 10am to pick up my new 16GB black iphone 3G.
    07-12-2008 03:14 AM
    Dude, we should have met up, haha. I'm a failure for today. I hope you actually get one brah.
    Aloha emceechad,

Actually, I was sort of a failure as well. My wife held my place, then I got in line, but about 9:30 (after the AT&T servers had gone down, again, then come back up finally), the Apple workers came out and gave us a choice. We could either stay in line and hope to get everything correct (knowing that since the AT&T office had closed for the day that any problems would still have to be worked out tomorrow), or we could leave our name and color/size iPhone we wanted. if we chose the latter, the Apple workers would then go into the back of the store, find the iPhone that matched what we want, then put a sticker with our name on it. That way, all we need do is show up tomorrow between 8:00 and 5:00 to get our iPhone.

Although they offered to stay open until the last person in the line was serviced, I chose to just give them my name and iPhone choice and show up tomorrow morning. I can walk to Ala Moana from where I live, so I'll be up and running with my iPhone sometime tomorrow morning, FINALLY!

HawaiiMacAddict
    07-12-2008 04:04 AM
    ummm . . . i'm one of the many that didn't get an iPhone at launch. i did order one through AT&T . . . should be here by monday or tuesday, i can't wait.
    07-12-2008 04:07 AM
    My att had only 40! I got number 30!
    heh we had 50 . . . sold out by 9:30 i got there at 10:40
    i thought they would have more.
    07-12-2008 04:11 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD