• 8Gb

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • 16Gb

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
No brainer...16gb...no one has EVER gone wrong by getting all the memory they can on any device (phone, laptop, desktop, server, you name it). Between the AppStore and your iTunes library, you'll be screaming for 32gb by this time next year (if not by Christmas).

mtsfestivus

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
No brainer...16gb...no one has EVER gone wrong by getting all the memory they can on any device (phone, laptop, desktop, server, you name it). Between the AppStore and your iTunes library, you'll be screaming for 32gb by this time next year (if not by Christmas).

Yes, I concur. Definitely getting the 16GB.

Billsteve

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I am getting the 8gig. mostly because the idea of an iphone at $200 clams sounds sweet. and the more money i have the less i am in debt.

GaryUSC

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
The new iPhone is for my wife, who is not exactly a power user or has fully embraced the mobile technology. So it will just be a 8GB, which is still leaps and bounds an upgrade over her 4 year old feature phone.

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
16GB but i dont plan on putting movies on there (i know lame) but it will hold all 14GB of my music, which means no picking and choosing. I don't really watch movies on the go anyway come to think of it, i'll just use youtube.

HawaiiMacAddict

Jun 27, 2008
home.hawaii.rr.com
Aloha everyone,

My wife is wavering a bit, fully knowing that I seek only to satisfy my want (not need, as I currently enjoy a 1st gen 8GB iPhone :D), and changed from a definite "NO" to a somewhat hesitant "can you wait?" I failed to ask her "wait for what?", thinking that she may actually change her mind by Friday.

That being said, assuming that I actually get the OK to purchase the 3g iPhone on Friday, I'm going for the white 16GB model. The first two Apple products I bought (a 5th gen iPod w/Video and Core Duo 20" iMac - my primary Mac) are both white, so I don't see any need to go with the black version. I also don't care what other people think about me - it's not as if their opinion will change me in any way, and if they know me, they'll know that I'm not a pretentious person. I just like the way the white model looks.

HawaiiMacAddict

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I can't believe Apple is holding out on the 32GB. They already make a 32GB touch, they can just simply put the 32GB chip in the iPhone 3G. Damn you Apple marketing.

hobyphone

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I don't think it's a marketing issue, does anyone else? I always assumed it was an engineering issue. They can fit the 32 GB in the Touch because they don't have to cram all of the phone and camera stuff in there. Thoughts?

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
I read somewhere that the Touch has the equivalent of two memory slots (compared to the iPhone) which is in line with the room issue. Still, I'm one for the iPhone 3g Pro and hope they skip 32gb altogether and go to 64gb.

tankgunk

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
8GB for sure, saving all the money I can for the trip to go get it. I'll have to drive at least 100 miles. Gas is expensive. And besides that I don't have a huge music collection. I have less than 3GB total right now, and that includes a video podcast with 27 episodes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR