• 8Gb

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • 16Gb

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I have to definitely go with a 16GB. Coming from my 32GB Touch that I plan on leaving at home from now on, I definitely want to fit as much of my music and videos as possible. And with the launch of the App store, I know I'm gonna need all the space I can get. I'm trying to decide how much my ''allowance" should be for the App store. :D

tankgunk

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
I have to definitely go with a 16GB. Coming from my 32GB Touch that I plan on leaving at home from now on, I definitely want to fit as much of my music and videos as possible. And with the launch of the App store, I know I'm gonna need all the space I can get. I'm trying to decide how much my ''allowance" should be for the App store. :D

That one is tripping me up too. How should I know how much memory my apps will take up? My current logic is that the Applications folder on my computer is a little over 2GB, which is a crazy overestimate for the iPhone. Assuming I had that many apps on an 8GB iPhone it would leave me 5-6GB. I could live with that much free space on my iPhone, seeing how I have a small music and video collection.

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
I can't believe Apple is holding out on the 32GB. They already make a 32GB touch, they can just simply put the 32GB chip in the iPhone 3G. Damn you Apple marketing.

from what i know the iPod touch uses 2 8GB chips to make a 16GB and the iPhone uses one 16GB chip . . . i think what ever company is working on making a 32GB stick of flash and apple is waiting for that because there's already limited space in the iPhone . . . so once they have a single stick of 32GB flash apple will have it.

Don't quote me on that . . . but i think i remember hearing it somewhere.

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
That one is tripping me up too. How should I know how much memory my apps will take up? My current logic is that the Applications folder on my computer is a little over 2GB, which is a crazy overestimate for the iPhone. Assuming I had that many apps on an 8GB iPhone it would leave me 5-6GB. I could live with that much free space on my iPhone, seeing how I have a small music and video collection.

he bejeweled app on my Mac is 18.2 MB, iChat is 110.4 . . . . so they wont be all that big. but you wont be getting a full 16GB because of everything thats already on the phone (safari, ical, the phone app, ringtones). i would say a good 15.somethin'

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2